Adding Service Charge To Bills Illegal

Topic locked
Re: Adding service charge to bills illegal Jan 05, 2010
K-Dog wrote:Hi guys I was just checkin in. I know its been a long time. I can't beleive this loser is still lurking around and ****** all over the forum. What baffles my mind is he has so much time to sit all day in front a computer all day long. Just imagine how much he posts on a forum that has nothing to do with Holland, what else he is doing for the rest of the day. He probably has never seen the sun or kissed a girl.

Well that would be a bit harsh and personal now, even by my low standards ! I have no beef with anybody including G. Atleast the dude trys to educate himself on all things not dutch. More than I can say for some US and UK tourist who land here and think they are in saudi and fully expecting to see bedus roaming the desert on camel back.

desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

desertdudeshj wrote:
K-Dog wrote:Hi guys I was just checkin in. I know its been a long time. I can't beleive this loser is still lurking around and ****** all over the forum. What baffles my mind is he has so much time to sit all day in front a computer all day long. Just imagine how much he posts on a forum that has nothing to do with Holland, what else he is doing for the rest of the day. He probably has never seen the sun or kissed a girl.

Well that would be a bit harsh and personal now, even by my low standards ! I have no beef with anybody including G. Atleast the dude trys to educate himself on all things not dutch. More than I can say for some US and UK tourist who land here and think they are in saudi and fully expecting to see bedus roaming the desert on camel back.

Thanks DD for the nice words. Appreciated.

Let the dog bark its way he wants. The Dog doesn't know tasty about me. :wink:

I bet Vegas has alot to show for these days. A nice tan for sure. Say Dog, are you cashing in on unemployment checks there already?

At least your neighbours are.... official unemployment rate (U3 statistic) at 12 percent in Las Vegas. Wanna bet the U6 rate is at 15-25 percent? The latter includes the people who have run out on unemployment benefits. They (among others like parttimers) aren't included in the official statistics.

Doing great there. Keep it up though.
RobbyG

desertdudeshj wrote:

I'll bite. And where do all the tourists who are not from the US or UK think they are when in Dubai and what is it they expect to see??? :)

As for RobbyG, I agree, he is well informed about other countries, customs, cultures. One does not actually have to BE there to understand much about a country, but either way, being there or not, one will never know all there is to know. In spite of what you may learn and take in without actually being in a certain country, there are always surprises when you get there, like the little details. :)

I forgot to add: when I got here I was very disappointed that there were no bedus roaming the desert on camel back but can you imagine my surprise when I thought I was in India, except there was no Taj Mahal. :roll:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Bora Bora wrote:
desertdudeshj wrote:

I'll bite. And where do all the tourists who are not from the US or UK think they are when in Dubai and what is it they expect to see??? :)

As for RobbyG, I agree, he is well informed about other countries, customs, cultures. One does not actually have to BE there to understand much about a country, but either way, being there or not, one will never know all there is to know. In spite of what you may learn and take in without actually being in a certain country, there are always surprises when you get there, like the little details. :)

I couldn't agree more. Especially the 'little details and suprises' part. Absolutely true.
Thats why I prefer to have ears and eyes on the ground before I make bold statements.

Thanks BB.
RobbyG

RobbyG wrote:Well that would be a bit harsh and personal now, even by my low standards ! I have no beef with anybody including G. Atleast the dude trys to educate himself on all things not dutch. More than I can say for some US and UK tourist who land here and think they are in saudi and fully expecting to see bedus roaming the desert on camel back.

As for RobbyG, I agree, he is well informed about other countries, customs, cultures. One does not actually have to BE there to understand much about a country, but either way, being there or not, one will never know all there is to know. In spite of what you may learn and take in without actually being in a certain country, there are always surprises when you get there, like the little details. :)[/quote]

I couldn't agree more. Especially the 'little details and suprises' part. Absolutely true.
Thats why I prefer to have ears and eyes on the ground before I make bold statements.

Thanks BB.[/quote]

RobbyG, if you think back, it was a "bold statement" that shook the thread.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Reality can be really hard in real life. I know. A business going broke because of my reasoning, even more hard for them...but a bad sponsor doesn't care. He'll find another victim for cashflow.

The entire sponsor system is wrong footed in my opinion. In the end, the customer is paying for the hidden cost of doing business in Dubai.
RobbyG

Bora Bora wrote:I'll bite. And where do all the tourists who are not from the US or UK think they are when in Dubai and what is it they expect to see??? :)

Well majority of our clients were germans and they were very well informed, then ofcourse we people from almost every part of the world. But german, brits and japs being the majority and in that order
desertdudeshj

desertdudeshj wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:I'll bite. And where do all the tourists who are not from the US or UK think they are when in Dubai and what is it they expect to see??? :)

Well majority of our clients were germans and they were very well informed, then ofcourse we people from almost every part of the world. But german, brits and japs being the majority and in that order

Was this response to another post????
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Neowwww....( NO ? )

Plz excuse if I don't make much sense, haven't eaten all day and have around 8 windows open trying to finish my mails and just when I think I'm done new ones pop in !
desertdudeshj

desertdudeshj wrote:Neowwww....( NO ? )

Plz excuse if I don't make much sense, haven't eaten all day and have around 8 windows open trying to finish my mails and just when I think I'm done new ones pop in !

When you close 7 of them, get back to me. :)
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat