$2000 Per Day.but Nobody Applay For Job.

Topic locked
$2000 per day.but nobody applay for job. Sep 12, 2006
hi everyone ,here in australia they offer job for people going to middle-east,

it is $2000 us per day as security in baghdad(iraq) would you apply for this job?

you know you lif be %99 of 100,
they ask me . I said no thank you.

would you apply for this job?

3DAnimationmaya
Dubai Forums Member

Re: $2000 per day.but nobody applay for job. Sep 12, 2006
3DAnimationmaya wrote:hi everyone ,here in australia they offer job for people going to middle-east,

it is $2000 us per day as security in baghdad(iraq) would you apply for this job?

Aus $ or US $?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

sage & onion wrote:
3DAnimationmaya wrote:hi everyone ,here in australia they offer job for people going to middle-east,

Aus $ or US $?

Its in his post S&O.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

XRW-147 wrote:
sage & onion wrote:

Aus $ or US $?

Its in his post S&O.

I see it now, thanks XRW

Anyways, I am not going :lol:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Sep 12, 2006
Given a chance as a reporter i'd go..not for the money.. to see how things are there.. n may b try to do something for the suffering lot.. agreed that its easier said than done..
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Sep 12, 2006
St.Lucifer wrote:Given a chance as a reporter i'd go..not for the money.. to see how things are there.. n may b try to do something for the suffering lot.. agreed that its easier said than done..

Best of luck to you Luc, not me m8
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Sep 12, 2006
An acquaintance of mine in Bahrain does it, he is originally from Iraq, he works about 4 days a month. He is a bouncer in Bahrain as well.

Not for me, not even for 5k a day but hey to each their own.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Sep 13, 2006
It's not called danger money for nothing.
scarlet
Dubai Forums Veteran

Sep 13, 2006
Not even for $ 10k man !!
a security guy also !! wow !!
I remember an offer from a company to work in a place that the location description said "Near Kuwaiti borders" and they paid like $2700 a month and u have to work for like 4 days a week and after 2 months u get 2 weeks off or something like that !!! well hell no !!! that is in Iraq for sure, and from the vacation type, it is in Oil industry for sure although they didn't say that clearly in the job discription !!
I am happy to deal with Dubai's Lunatic drivers rather than dealing with some terrorists out there !! :lol: :lol:
Palkid7
Dubai chat master

Sep 13, 2006
Palkid7 wrote:I remember an offer from a company to work in a place that the location description said "Near Kuwaiti borders" and they paid like $2700 a month and u have to work for like 4 days a week and after 2 months u get 2 weeks off or something like that !!!

That's a pretty crap offer from an O&G company - I wouldn't work for that in Dubai, let alone Kuwait.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 13, 2006
XRW-147 wrote:
Palkid7 wrote:I remember an offer from a company to work in a place that the location description said "Near Kuwaiti borders" and they paid like $2700 a month and u have to work for like 4 days a week and after 2 months u get 2 weeks off or something like that !!!

That's a pretty crap offer from an O&G company - I wouldn't work for that in Dubai, let alone Kuwait.

Well ya, but keep in mind that when i got the offer i was an entry-level engineer or in other words 0 experience !! :wink:
Palkid7
Dubai chat master

Sep 13, 2006
Palkid7 wrote:Well ya, but keep in mind that when i got the offer i was an entry-level engineer or in other words 0 experience !! :wink:

Buddy, I do the planning for local and expat packages in one of the top 3 O&G service companies and can confidently say you were wise not to take that package on remuneration alone - they were ripping you off.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 13, 2006
I did a 3 month contract with an Oil & Gas CO. in Baghdad. Wasn't that bad. Yeah you hear gun fire and all, but you're guarded all the way from home to office and back. All your expenses are paid.

There is that risk of being shot on the streets when in the car or being hit by a rocket. But hey, I got to see what most people can't and don't want to. I got paid US $1200/day and I was an IT guy.

I even spoke to a few of the locals and man are they suffering. Kinda felt helpless that I couldn't do anything. I mean besides money, you can't bring back their loved ones.

I wouldn't go back tho. No, i'm not scared or afraid. I just don't want to see the suffering first hand again.

This is not related, but why is that wherever the US goes to protect, that country ends up in Civil war forever? Honestly, the day Bush gets out of office, and a more respected person takes his place who has more sense, can't wait for that day. Hillary Clinton should not be allowed on the presidential seat. She's just another Bush after seeing few of her interviews.
nosoup4u
Dubai Expat Helper

Sep 13, 2006
I can not belive nosoup4u you went there. do you know why?, because you r still alive. if you r going to there, you have to say Ashhad(in islam that is your last word)before you die, so, it is easy money, but it is danger money. easy money is alltime dangerous. but i think for some people that they are bored from life and they feel lonely, they have nothing to do in their life. they coming to this point(suicide) it is good job for last minute of life. at least when they died they get famouse. and people will remember them for ever. but if they died in street (because of drug or.........) everyone hate them. also alot of fun there . so why you waiting for? lolllllllll
3DAnimationmaya
Dubai Forums Member

Sep 13, 2006
nosoup4u wrote:I did a 3 month contract with an Oil & Gas CO. in Baghdad. Wasn't that bad. Yeah you hear gun fire and all, but you're guarded all the way from home to office and back. All your expenses are paid.

well thank God your still alive and kicking...

With regards to the post, it is the other way around ...in the offer he is the one going to guard and ensure safety...

if that was offered to me and/or my husband...definitely NO. :?
zam
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Sep 13, 2006
As long as there is money out there, there will be people willing to take the risks. Credit to some who do it for the 'experience' but when you have to take your health and well being into consideration money really doesn't matter much at the end of the day. Part of the reason why I knocked back an offer to go to Nigeria - just not worth it!
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 13, 2006
XRW-147 wrote:As long as there is money out there, there will be people willing to take the risks. Credit to some who do it for the 'experience' but when you have to take your health and well being into consideration money really doesn't matter much at the end of the day. Part of the reason why I knocked back an offer to go to Nigeria - just not worth it!

Very True. I just did it because I was curious and honestly for the experience as well. Yup, it was a huge risk I took but hey whats life with risks :)
nosoup4u
Dubai Expat Helper

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat