Very Upset...what Can I Do???

Topic locked
Very upset...what can I do??? Apr 20, 2007
Hello everyone,
just wanted to share with you the fact that i am really upset because of etisalt...the keep blocking websites and i really don't get why it is upsetting me so much...i don't know what to do. i called them, wrote emails but nothing has improved!
They started by blocking www.hi5.com, it made me furious and now they blocked www.myspace.com....they've told me because of abuse that people are dating and blabla but whta about people like me that are only on myspace because of their friends and to discover new artists???
What shall i do? I'm really upset, furious and sad, i spent my last 3 weeks on myspace!

allo
Dubai Forum Visitor

Apr 22, 2007
Have a coke and a smile...

Go to Marina, DMC, DIC, areas - all have free 'n' easy surfing.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Very upset...what can I do??? Apr 22, 2007
allo wrote:Hello everyone,
just wanted to share with you the fact that i am really upset because of etisalt...the keep blocking websites and i really don't get why it is upsetting me so much...i don't know what to do. i called them, wrote emails but nothing has improved!
They started by blocking www.hi5.com, it made me furious and now they blocked www.myspace.com....they've told me because of abuse that people are dating and blabla but whta about people like me that are only on myspace because of their friends and to discover new artists???
What shall i do? I'm really upset, furious and sad, i spent my last 3 weeks on myspace!

You do realise these sites are for teens and emos?
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Apr 23, 2007
:?: What's an emo? :oops: I'm guessing not a big Australian bird..
sauron
Dubai Forums Veteran

Apr 23, 2007
Waouuu how nice you are, what a wonderful comment you deserve a big star, if you have nothing much to say why you just don't shut up!!
You may think they are for kids but I don't!
Anyone around that would have something interesting to say on how to help?

By the way, I hate coke!
allo
Dubai Forum Visitor

Apr 23, 2007
In case you missed it: go surf the net around the areas I mentioned - they have no proxy.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 28, 2007
Myspace isn't blocked, and yes we know about Hi5, it's an ongoing issue. Sometimes they block it, sometimes they don't.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

May 21, 2007
It is seriously annoying, I don't know how the made their minds regarding shutting down website.
Am shocked that Flick is blocked, am a regular subscriber and used to check m friends there too.
What kind of a company is that? Isn't the satisfactory of a customer is obligatory? How come users aren't satisfied yet Etisalat keeps ignoring them? Sheesh!
EyeCandyDiva
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

May 21, 2007
EyeCandyDiva wrote:It is seriously annoying, I don't know how the made their minds regarding shutting down website.
Am shocked that Flick is blocked, am a regular subscriber and used to check m friends there too.
What kind of a company is that? Isn't the satisfactory of a customer is obligatory? How come users aren't satisfied yet Etisalat keeps ignoring them? Sheesh!

Welcome to Dubai.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

May 21, 2007
EyeCandyDiva wrote:What kind of a company is that? Isn't the satisfactory of a customer is obligatory? How come users aren't satisfied yet Etisalat keeps ignoring them? Sheesh!

Because you have no choice than Etisalat. Monopoly rules.
(I don't consider du to be a competitor yet, in fact I heard from a guy who installed my boss' phone connection in Burj Dubai area, du is Etisalat. I don't know if it's true).
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 23, 2007
xty wrote:(I don't consider du to be a competitor yet, in fact I heard from a guy who installed my boss' phone connection in Burj Dubai area, du is Etisalat. I don't know if it's true).

It's not true. Du is separate.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

May 23, 2007
^ian^ wrote:
xty wrote:(I don't consider du to be a competitor yet, in fact I heard from a guy who installed my boss' phone connection in Burj Dubai area, du is Etisalat. I don't know if it's true).

It's not true. Du is separate.

Apart from the share hollders and most of the board :)
jabbajabba
Dubai chat master

May 23, 2007
Well Du still have to use all of Etisalat's lines, they're still governmentally owned by the same people that own Etisalat. So no they're not a true competitor.

They're not allowed to compete on price, only on services.

It's all crap really.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

May 24, 2007
sauron wrote::?: What's an emo? :oops: I'm guessing not a big Australian bird..

An emo is a preson that is emotional. or a person that is too easy to upset.
Pres
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Jul 21, 2009
To bypass the insulting and parochial filters, use a VPN such as publicvpn. It is inexpensive and easy to set up. Works for VOIP too.
Wakemanjohn
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jul 26, 2009
That sucks.
2.3 Evo 8
Dubai Forum Visitor

Aug 30, 2009
Used car auction site links are blocked... I cant bid on a car.. WTF..
Business International
Dubai Expat Wannabe

posting in Dubai Black listForum Rules

Return to Dubai Black list