DU Telecom

Topic locked
DU Telecom Jun 25, 2007
Does anyone have any problems with Du? If so please list them. I will simply list all unresolved problems that me and my neighbor have.

1. Rates increased without notice. DU rep. claimed it was legal. Said he would get me contract canceled without penalty. Never called back. Charged me extra anyway, and said my only option was to stop paying and pay a 500 AED fine for stopping the service early.

2. There are no managers at DU that are in the office or that you can call. All the people are middle men and relay no information. The sales people have no power to settle problems.

3. Credit card on file was charge in US dollars and not AED! Yes that is right 800 Dollars. Still it is not refunded.

4. The manager is not only always out of the office but calls me VIA the sales persons cell phone so that I cannot get his number. He lied about his name and refused to give me a contact number. He also said I could not request him to do anything by a certain time.

5. I asked for DU to refund me 60 AED. 60. They said that they would rather me cancel a 400 AED a month contract for a year instead of giving me the 60 AED.

6. To end this... when DU change from Tecom I assumed the contract would change. I went to the office and asked them to find my contract and alert me of changes. It took them 20 minutes to find me as a customer. At one point they assured me I did not have a contract. Then I showed them a bill they sent. Finally they looked it over. They told me there would be no change for a year as per the contract.

Currently my options are:

1. Cancel all my services and lose 500 AED in fines. BUT get my deposit of 500 AED back. So 0/0 . Then I can't have internet at all without making a new contract at a lower rate and paying another deposit.

2. Cancel just the cable....pay 500 fine and then after one year cancel the net before I leave dubai and get the 500 deposit back. But the cable is 150 a month so the 500 fine doesnt leave alot of savings.

3. Keep the new inflated rate, hope they don't raise it again, cancel the cable at the one year point, keep the net for a couple months after. And eventually get the deposit back.

Basically if you have to pay a penalty after 5 or 6 months, it is not much of a saving to cancel.

Anyway- let me know if anyone else has issues.

zentogo
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jul 03, 2007
Yes I have many problems and a lot of my colleagues are having issues as well.

I signed up with Du back in February - here in late June I got the bill for 1st Quarter. Signed up to Internet, Phone and Showtime.

They had added a number of services on the bill that I did not request - charging for installation of additional phone line which they did not and also charging for the decoder box which was free promotion at the time.

Calling / Contacting Du is then impossible. I get through to "customer service" that refers me to the billing department - they transfer the call and nobody picks up.

I send emails but that is like shooting in the dark, nothing happens.

So I guess we have to show up personally at their office - I think I will just sign up with their competitor, ups oh right, no I cannot do that because I only have one provider in the Marina where I live. So I do not have a choice. They know that of course.

I guess that is why they are so uneffective, bureaucratic and basically disregarding their customers - a bit of competition from a service minded company would be good for all of us - including Du.
Henrik
Dubai Forum Guest

posting in Dubai Black listForum Rules

Return to Dubai Black list