Spam Text Messages From Etisalat

Topic locked
Spam Text Messages from Etisalat Jun 17, 2009
Spam text messages will be blocked to protect the interests of UAE subscribers, the Telecommunications Regulatory Authority said 
on Saturday. (Khaleej Times 7th June 2009)

But how to block spam text messages coming from Etisalat itself! They sometime really become pain in the neck, specially when you are traveling and your phone is on roaming...

janathar
Dubai Forums Member

Re: Spam Text Messages from Etisalat Jul 21, 2009
I totally agree. It is very arrogant of Etisalat to think that they automatically have the right to spam our phones, and give no option to opt out. Switch to du
Wakemanjohn
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jul 25, 2009
I must agree. The most amount of spam SMS I get is from etisalat itself almost 95% and all in Arabic and my PDA doesnt support Arabic so all I see is a huge msg filled with little boxes and somewher in there the words etisalat and usually a sms number
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jul 29, 2009
Now they have started sending spam SMS under the sender's name of MORE.
MORE SPAM
janathar
Dubai Forums Member

Re: Spam Text Messages from Etisalat Aug 01, 2009
janathar wrote:But how to block spam text messages coming from Etisalat itself! They sometime really become pain in the neck, specially when you are traveling and your phone is on roaming...

Oh but they're not spam. They're essential updates without which you would probably do something stupid and end up being arrested for making an obscene hand gesture on the beach after a Friday brunch with your alcohol-saturated Blackberry...
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Aug 06, 2009
I hate that I dont receive any SMS except spam :( I wish Smurfette was texting to me sometimes...
Grouchy Smurf
Dubai Forum Guest

Aug 27, 2009
Now they started with the spam mms. What a load of rubbish!
lilo
Dubai Forum Guest

posting in Dubai Black listForum Rules

Return to Dubai Black list