Joseph Rent A Car - Avoid Like The Plague

Topic locked
Joseph Rent a Car - avoid like the plague Feb 13, 2011
I rented a car from them for a week and returned it because the engine overheated while I was driving. I had harrassing visits and phone calls for a few weeks from Joseph rent a car wanting me to pay for the repairs to the engine, then I got a call from a policeman, so I went to explain what had happened and the policeman acted quite frustrated that I wasn't paying for the damage anyway. This individual was Ahmed who works the night shift in the Muraqqabat police station.

Somehow the contract was tampered with changed from one week to 3 months (someone changed the return date on the contract). Unfortunately, my wife was the one who signed the lease, unknown to us, the police put a travel ban on her and My wife was arrested when we were heading out of the country for a 2 week holiday. She ended up spending the night in police custody and it just destroyed her emotionally. She was a wreck. The police were just not interested in our side of the storey and were quite agressive with us. We insisted on making written statements to the police, but we still paid the 9000 AED to the public prosecuter as the police and public prosecutor said it was required as a security deposit before we could leave the country. After we paid it, they changed their story and said 'the case is closed' there is no way to get it back.

I think the company knew the car was dodgy when they rented it to me.
These people really seem to have friends in the police force who will do them favours - avoid at all costs.

This particular experience really soured my experience of Dubai.

blueshift
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Joseph Rent A Car - Avoid Like The Plague Feb 13, 2011
Thats pretty awfull hope the Mrs is alright man. In my experiece here avoid any of these small one shop rent a cars. In fact best policy is to avoid all rent a cars as much as possible. The nightmares I've heard are just plain horrible now we have one more.

There was even a story of a Irish man I think put on a interpol red notice over weeks worth of dues, which he was not liable for in the first place.

If you think its worth the hassle and have the paperwork file a case for forgery for tampering with the contract.

Personal advice avoid rent a cars and if an absolute must go for the big name ones like, budget, Avis, hertz etc etc.
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Joseph Rent a Car - avoid like the plague Feb 14, 2011
I rent thro Budget and Avis. Never a problem. (except for speeding fines which I can blame nobody, but me).

Joseph? Isn't he Jesus' dad? Maybe you should have stuck to mohammedrentacar.com
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Joseph Rent A Car - Avoid Like The Plague Feb 14, 2011
Yes, the Mrs is ok now. It came as quite a shock to her at the time as she was so looking forward to the holiday, but she thought she would be spending it in prison. It's unfortunate that her name was on the lease - I think I would have handled it a bit better.
blueshift
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai Black listForum Rules

Return to Dubai Black list