Etisalat SMS Scams!

Topic locked
Etisalat SMS scams! Oct 11, 2006
Never opted for such service but Etisalat (GSM) sends me almost everyday for what I called scams.

Latest scam:
From "GoodLuck" : "Ramadan Kareem! Your mobile shortlisted for next draw DH20000 & 1000 for 5 people. To be rank1 send max SMS to xxxx H Hindi A Arabic E English & get ring tone. Dhs 5."

Can't Etisalat find other way to make some money than to annoy their customers?
How can I get rid of those?

xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Oct 13, 2006
this doesnt necessarily have to be Etisalat (and i doubt it its) Anyone with an SMS gateway can send those SMSes. Just delete them and move on.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 13, 2006
In that case, isn't there any protection (like spam/virus protection in email) in Etisalat gateway itself (based on customer's service preferences)?

At least Etisalat must have the control over these 4 digits premium numbers (locally). They should have do something with it, e.g. to ban when violates customers' preferences.
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Oct 14, 2006
This is not Etisalat - this is infact third party companies who have a licence to do these activities,best is just to ignore the SMS or do as one of my friends did three weeks ago and won a Nissan Tiida!
AJ-UK-Man
Dubai Forum Guest
Location: Dubai - Cairo - Kuwait - Pakistan - Saudi - Iran - Europe

Oct 15, 2006
just ignore....

annoying sometimes - understand the significance of 'delete' button
weary_heart
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 01, 2007
you can block these companies from sending you SMS again. Just send an SMS to 1011 mentioning the name or short-code you received the message from. These are third party companies, and not etisalat directly.

For eg., if you receive a message from 2244 & u wanna block them, just type 'b 2244' and send to 1011. This service is free of charge.

And check the etisalat website when you want such info..
avkurian
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Dubai Black listForum Rules

Return to Dubai Black list