Dubai Transport - Worst Taxi Service - EVER?!

Topic locked
Dubai Transport - Worst Taxi service - EVER?! Oct 04, 2005
I'm I the only one sick of their ridiculous service? Their pre-booking phone service is a joke, taxi are either stupidly early, stupidly late or never turn up at all.

On their answerphone service it says a luxurious way to travel with the best service - yeah right, when are they going to live up to their own hype?

So many people I know have just given up using them, their drivers are now pretty rude and many refuse to stop if they think the fare is going to be a small amount.

Customer Service from this company a big fat ZERO!

Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Oct 04, 2005
Agreed, especially about the drivers not picking up people when they learn that the trip is going to be short, especially taxis that wait in line (malls, hotels, etc.), they start making up stories of how they waited for 2 or 3 hours and that you are their first passenger for the day... God it's so annoying, thank God that I drive now :)
liverpool4ever
Dubai Expat Helper

i agree Oct 08, 2005
liverpool4ever wrote:Agreed, especially about the drivers not picking up people when they learn that the trip is going to be short, especially taxis that wait in line (malls, hotels, etc.), they start making up stories of how they waited for 2 or 3 hours and that you are their first passenger for the day... God it's so annoying, thank God that I drive now :)

never a truer word said the taxi drivers are real tossers.
always getting angry with the short fare.
personally i have a moto in life"if you dont like it leave"
end of freaking chat
if these people cant handle it they should just fcuk off
next time this happens i will make a complain and the fuckers get fined
300 dirhams i think
no more money to send home to the wife that month eh
:twisted: :evil: :shock:
175bpm
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Dubai Transport - Worst Taxi service - EVER?! Oct 18, 2005
When I was in dubai , my cousin dropped me at one place and told me to take the Bus and get off at the last stop of it. Well I sat beside a girl without knowing that it is not allowed in Dubai. Girl didn’t mind it . I look at the other seat and a lady was starring at me with astonishing look. I looked back and ppl were giving me damn looks. I didn’t care anything until and unless my eyes struck with “ only for ladies”. :P It was quite funny .

well as well as taxi is concerned they are quite cheap but drivers mostly make it excuses that they dont have change :wink: typical south east asian or asian craps;p
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Nov 08, 2005
Ditto to this useless and pathetic excuse for a "service". Even had a taxi driver cutting me off and when I beeped my horn he wanted to pull over and have a fist of fury session. Called the complaints line and what a joke that was.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 09, 2005
Wow this sounds worse than NYC cabbies....
A64Venice
Dubai Expat Helper

Jan 04, 2006
the taxi drivers around dubai are rude...specially the pathans... they r always in a bad mood... there was one time i landed one of em in a police station... they are headless creatures. just take them to the police or call the cutomer services and see how they change their tone. but anyway these ppl are always crying over bad treatment from their employers!
gamechee
Dubai Forums Member

Jan 09, 2006
I also totally agree with all the posts about Dubai Taxis. Our daughter who went shopping from our appt in the marina went in a DT and asked driver to take her too IBN Battuta malll ( 5 mins / 12Dhs).

He took her to the Burjaman Cente 75 dhs.

She was upset, she is only 20 and never been Dubai before and trusted the taxi driver.

What a little shit.

She has been told if this happens again to stay in the taxi and ring the police.

Personally i find the "Egyptian" drivers the rudest.
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jan 25, 2006
last night i left work really sick and got a taxi which is a very short distance.my friend accompanied me as he was going only a little further.
when i mentioned about 2 stops and he realised the short distance he said he was only doing 1 stop...I told him to stop at the security gates at the burj were i explained to the guards.After a discussion i handed him 10 dirhams and told him i would walk, i was really sick and just wanted to get home.The security have reported him and also banned him from picking up at the Burj.This company is supposed to be providing a service.Well no of rude people who complain all the time.
I am really disapointed that this is how people get treated/ :?
175bpm
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jan 25, 2006
You shouldnt have given him 10dhs. If more people refused to pay even for short distances, if a taxi driver refuses to take them, then maybe they would start learning a lesson.
arniegang

Jan 25, 2006
A couple of months ago i took a taxi from the Marina and asked the driver to take me to the Emaar Offices, he accidentally on purpose took me the wrong way and had to come off SZR by IBN Battuta Mall, when we arrived at Emaar, i deducted 20 Dhs off the Meter. He wasnt' happy obviously.

I told him i was not paying for part of a trip i hadn't asked for, he ranted and raved, then i said if you dont like it either ring your office or call the police.

He closed the window and drove off.

Sorted.
arniegang

Jan 26, 2006
and whats the deal with the stank ? do these guys sleep/eat/whack off in their cars ?
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 29, 2006
Yeah, they can smell a bit funky. The weirdest taxi experience I had was getting into a taxi without a meter. I guess it must have been a black taxi or something- it had a taxi sign, and taxi markings on the sides of the car, but no meter and none of those stickers on the windows that say your journey is free if the meter isn't operational. I was getting kind of worried that he'd try and charge a fortune (I only noticed there was no meter ten minutes into the trip) but in the end, it turned out to be cheaper.
But once a taxi took me to Mall of the Emirates instead of Emirates towers, and when we finally got to Emirates towers, he asked us to pay for the whole fare, because it would have to come out of his pocket...and I did. I need to get a backbone!
samthehaggis
Dubai Forum Guest

Jan 29, 2006
AS long as the customers fall for that same old crap Sam, they will beat ya every time.

Why do people do it. If you went to a shop and ordered a TV and they delivered a Washing machine, and the delivery man said "ohhh but if i change it, they will deduct it from my wages, would you say "yes ok then"

The morale is - If you dont get the service or product you asked for - you dont pay for it - period.
arniegang

Jan 29, 2006
Oh, I know. But taxi drivers can be frightening! Once I was two quid short of a fare, and offered to go to the cash point, and the guy just started screaming at me to get out! So I legged it...but out of fear, not miserliness!
samthehaggis
Dubai Forum Guest

Jan 29, 2006
If taxi drivers "frighten you" that is quite sad.
arniegang

Jan 29, 2006
Not as a general rule, just when they yell at me. Okay, maybe a little sad...sigh.
samthehaggis
Dubai Forum Guest

Jan 29, 2006
just YELL back Sam - sorted
arniegang

Re: Dubai Transport - Worst Taxi service - EVER?! Feb 06, 2006
HP wrote:When I was in dubai , my cousin dropped me at one place and told me to take the Bus and get off at the last stop of it. Well I sat beside a girl without knowing that it is not allowed in Dubai. Girl didn’t mind it . I look at the other seat and a lady was starring at me with astonishing look. I looked back and ppl were giving me damn looks. I didn’t care anything until and unless my eyes struck with “ only for ladies”. :P It was quite funny .

well as well as taxi is concerned they are quite cheap but drivers mostly make it excuses that they dont have change :wink: typical south east asian or asian craps;p

Is that true that you cant sit beside women?? Apartite type thingy going on there?...thats a bit mad...
boostah
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Feb 07, 2006
Taxi drivers scare you? :lol: They've got as much bite as fluffy wittle kittens ;)

In anycase I've started using an unmetered cab service company. Just call to book in advance and he arrives promptly so you're not late - traffic permitting. Actually works out to be cheaper than a DT cab and you get run around in a brand spanking new Lexus. Eg 80dhs from Dubai Marina to Airport instead of 90-120 for DT.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 24, 2006
guys if im goin for a job as a taxi driver at night, im not going to that screamin or something it is just a sign of friendship and good camaraderie
esthers
Dubai Forums Member

Mar 01, 2006
XRW-147 wrote:Taxi drivers scare you? :lol: They've got as much bite as fluffy wittle kittens ;)

In anycase I've started using an unmetered cab service company. Just call to book in advance and he arrives promptly so you're not late - traffic permitting. Actually works out to be cheaper than a DT cab and you get run around in a brand spanking new Lexus. Eg 80dhs from Dubai Marina to Airport instead of 90-120 for DT.

XRW

I wil have to disagree with you on one small point. The marina to the airport should be 55 dhs.
arniegang

Mar 02, 2006
Arnie,

Even at 3am when theres barely any cars on the road a DT cab will be 70-80dhs coming via SZR - and I do this at least twice a month. I couldn't even get to Satwa from where we are for 55 dhs. Who u using?
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 02, 2006
arniegang wrote:I also totally agree with all the posts about Dubai Taxis. Our daughter who went shopping from our appt in the marina went in a DT and asked driver to take her too IBN Battuta malll ( 5 mins / 12Dhs).

He took her to the Burjaman Cente 75 dhs.

She was upset, she is only 20 and never been Dubai before and trusted the taxi driver.

What a little shit.

She has been told if this happens again to stay in the taxi and ring the police.

Personally i find the "Egyptian" drivers the rudest.

well u r saying "20" yrs as if she is 10 yr old kid . BTW how old r u? :roll: adn hey stop being rascist! :x
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 04, 2006
XRW-147 wrote:Arnie,

Even at 3am when theres barely any cars on the road a DT cab will be 70-80dhs coming via SZR - and I do this at least twice a month. I couldn't even get to Satwa from where we are for 55 dhs. Who u using?

No way DT is not that much! I've gone from the Marina to Mirdiff and that's about 70Dhs and it's way further than the airport.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Mar 04, 2006
XRW-147 wrote:Arnie,

XRW

is your taxi going to airport via Jebel ali ?? :lol:

Seriously mate, last week wife took the kids to airport and had return trip in same taxi 120 Dhs that incl the waiting time.

This wednesday just gone taxi to airport 1am 55 Dhs

Even a taxi from airport with a standing charge of 20Dhs is only 75-80 Dhs.

I have a couple of dubai Taxi drivers numbers if you want them XRW let me know and i will pm them to you mate.
arniegang

Mar 04, 2006
Yah, seriously all my expense claims are at least 150 for a round taxi trip to the airport. Arnie, I'll be needing that number.

On a side note my friend was sexually harrased last night in an "Arabia Taxi". The paki taxi driver tried to stop the car several times asking her to sit in the front so they could "talk easier" - she declined... kept going on about how she reminded him of his Filipino gf - she ignored him... then proceeded to tell her he was "very big there" and offered her a look and feel if she didn't believe him. She kept declining and started to shout at him then he tried to reach back and grab her so she was on to the phone to the police and he quickly shut the hell up and dropped her at the Marriot.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 04, 2006
what a crappy story XRW, its sad to hear things like that, your friend musta been well frightened. did she take his number and report him??

pm'd you numbers
arniegang

Mar 04, 2006
arniegang wrote:what a crappy story XRW, its sad to hear things like that, your friend musta been well frightened. did she take his number and report him??

pm'd you numbers

She was really in shock... I would have stuck around to chat more with Fayz but she was asking me to come past. She got the electronic receipt so its got the taxi and driver's number on there but she's been trying to call the number listed for Arabia Taxi since this morning but no one is picking up.

Trouble is she is going back to Singapore tonight so might give the police a call to report the guy.

Thanks for the taxi numbers, much appreciated.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 04, 2006
Yeah, report him to the police.:shock:
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

posting in Dubai Black listForum Rules

Return to Dubai Black list