Dubai Transport - Worst Taxi Service - EVER?!

Topic locked
Nov 07, 2006
the main problem abt the taxi drivers is they get really exhausted driving all day n when sumthin goes wrong they get really pissed at the customerss... lol

bloody PATHAN .. :P

hack88
Dubai Expat Helper

Re: Dubai Transport - Worst Taxi service - EVER?! Jul 19, 2007
Chocoholic wrote:I'm I the only one sick of their ridiculous service? Their pre-booking phone service is a joke, taxi are either stupidly early, stupidly late or never turn up at all.

On their answerphone service it says a luxurious way to travel with the best service - yeah right, when are they going to live up to their own hype?

So many people I know have just given up using them, their drivers are now pretty rude and many refuse to stop if they think the fare is going to be a small amount.

Customer Service from this company a big fat ZERO!

Gosh, tell me about it man. Before i got my license and car,i fully depend on public transportation, Taxi. Dubai Taxi soooo far, is the best among all, cause they have the GPS system and all. So?...they didnt show up on the time i booked the taxi!. OMG. hahaha. I was so mad.

Talking about rude. When i got in the taxi, they actually said im not taking to to Deira. I said why?. The taxi hunk told me 'too much traffic my friend'. I laughed and off course im mad. Man, taxi service here is like back in the 80s in Malaysia. You dont find this problem anymore in Malaysia since early 90s.

Totally agree with Chocoholic
Zarak
Dubai Forum Visitor

Aug 12, 2007
When you ask a driver to go to a specific area and he refused your request just simply write down his car number Do not forget to do that then call the customer care center and tell about that.

the latest fine at any driver do that is 200AED
e-lad
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Aug 21, 2007
all taxi's in dubai can be rated -2/10.

ALL, not just dubai transport. all the drivers reek of body odour and have no manners at all.

i once kicked the door of a taxi in al ghurair coz the driver moved his vehicle while my wife was halfway boarding the cab. idiot looked so pale when i started shouting at him. pretty much i do that on weekends when i go to bars because i dont drink and drive :lol:

shout at the idiot drivers or better yet give them a nice punch on the jaw so they learn things the hard way. j/k :twisted:
xero_
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 29, 2007
yeah.it always takes us at least half an hour to take a taxi, so many taxi drivers didnt stop....dong know why...
ciarachen
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Mar 28, 2008
arniegang wrote:I also totally agree with all the posts about Dubai Taxis. Our daughter who went shopping from our appt in the marina went in a DT and asked driver to take her too IBN Battuta malll ( 5 mins / 12Dhs).

He took her to the Burjaman Cente 75 dhs.

She was upset, she is only 20 and never been Dubai before and trusted the taxi driver.

What a little tasty.

She has been told if this happens again to stay in the taxi and ring the police.

Personally i find the "Egyptian" drivers the rudest.

very well said!! Egypitian taxi drivers are the rudest a**h**les. One guy just dropeed me in the middle of he road.I asked him to go to a place X.He took me to some place 'Y'. When i asked him, he started shouting at me.I said, i will call poice.He drpped me with all my luggage in the middle of the road.I asked him whether he is from Egypt.he said yes.These drivers are real B********s
kingkong
Dubai Forums Member

Apr 11, 2008
Most of the time I am patient and understanding about taxi drivers refusing to take to my desired destination due to traffic, too much problem etc. Summer is fast approaching, I can't bear standing the scorching sun waiting to taxis and only to find out I've been refused. Now, I think my mobile phone number is now in top ten calling dubai taxi & any taxi operators complaining about their drivers. :lol:

And when a driver refuse, I tell him straight, I call your company to complain..afraid of the complain & fines, most of them will agree. I don't mind paying extra but to refuse is a No No for me now.
SCY
Dubai forums Addict

May 17, 2008
Sorry to say this.This is not to offend any Egyptians..
But wen you get into a Taxi drien by an Egyptions...take care..
The only people who have cheated me so far....including the bloody taxi driver were Egyptians.I was ripped of by this Egyptian Taxi driver.He was rude, foolish & a cheaterThey aret he ones I fear out of all Arabic nationalities......Beware....
kingkong
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Dubai Black listForum Rules

Return to Dubai Black list