Bollocks To Dubai

Topic locked
Aug 20, 2007
sniper420 wrote:nationalising is screwing things up.

what is that suppose to mean?

Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 20, 2007
sniper420 wrote:nationalising is screwing things up.

This is the idea that everyone has in mind, if you get a rude european, you would say that the company is bad. But when its a national, its nationals that are bad.

And the weird part is, people who actually say this, are the same people that are usually against discrimination..

I am not saying this to annoy or offend anyone, but this is what happens most of the time!
hamadl
Dubai Forums Talker

motorcycle licence Sep 27, 2007
...talking of licences. All went smoothly with my car licence, except I ticked the boxes for 'motorcycle' and 'Heavy goods vehicle', as I'm qualified to drive in those groups back home. 'Oh no' they said, you must apply individually for each one.

Yes. Apply 3 times, pay 3 times, yet you only get one actual driving licence, but with a few extra letters on it!!

They didn't accept 'Wasta express' either.
mbwa shenzi
Dubai Forums Member

Oct 22, 2007
yorky500 wrote:It's amzing what a company and the men running them will do for a piece of a#s! hahahahahahahahahaha

JOKE.

I have seen what kind of people are running this company and trust me you guys aint seen nothing. things are much more horrible, no wait disturbing.

Etisalat is a huge building with a 50 tonne ball built on scaffolds and it surprises me how it stands.
bsorc
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 21, 2009
The point is, you shouldn't need to keep calling a company just so they will DO THEIR JOBS. Does you boss need to stand over you all day just to make sure you do yours? Friggin ridiculous!
Wakemanjohn
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jul 25, 2009
Replying to a post which is almost 5 years old.

Things seemed to have changed little for Etisalat over time. I applied for a new DSL when I moved into my apt in Shj 2 years back. It took them over three months to install the DB on the wall. I picked up the wireless modem and set it up myself, good idea actually because a month after someone called me to ask me if they could come and install it.

But from reading the previous posts in this thread. DU seemed to have improved a lot I guess. having moved to Discovery Gardens I applied for DU net and TV services. They said there tech would come a after 3 days at 10.00 am and hook it up.

They called a day before to confirm and well at 10.30 next day a tech showed up and hooked up everything. Even told me to try my old etisalat wireless router it just might work and guess what it does ( while the dude at the Du kiosk said no it won't work as etisalat locks all there hardware ). I also the tech if he could activate all the points in my apt. He said officialy DU charges 50dhs for any extra access point but since I was nice to him he would do it anyways, and he did.

So until now the DU experience has been pretty pleasant except for the costumer care land line. 1st its not a toll free number and 2nd the amount of time you have to hold is rediculas and are put on very very long holds after every 2 sentences. I actually ran out of credit while on the phone with these guys and I have almost 20Dhs in my account and to make it worse I had to call back. This time cutting through all the crap, 2nd time only took around 7 mins.
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

posting in Dubai Black listForum Rules

Return to Dubai Black list