ME BANK -- ATM Card Replacement

Topic locked
ME BANK -- ATM Card Replacement Sep 17, 2006
Hi Friends
Without wasting time i will tell you what has happened with me.My Me Bank ATM card was broken so 2 weeks agao i appllied for a replacement.I was told by the staff to come after 2 days and collect it.After two days i went to collect my ATM card and was told that i havent applied for it,even the lady on the desk ignored and said i never applied so i applied again and was again told to come after 3 days this time.
After 3 days i was told that it will be posted to me from empost (Please note that i have requested them not to post and i will collect it).And m stil chasing empost but they havent received any data for my card neither i receive any call from them.
I know i will get my card but trust me Me Bank Staff in Jebel Ali branch has disappointed me in a big way.I dont know whether they have training for customer service or no but i think in this competitive world they should respect and have proper communication as well as proper service in this cases.
Whats your Call Friends on this?

Rgds
Tiger :oops:

tiger
Dubai Forums Member

Re: ME BANK -- ATM Card Replacement Sep 17, 2006
tiger wrote:Hi Friends
Without wasting time i will tell you what has happened with me.My Me Bank ATM card was broken so 2 weeks agao i appllied for a replacement.I was told by the staff to come after 2 days and collect it.After two days i went to collect my ATM card and was told that i havent applied for it,even the lady on the desk ignored and said i never applied so i applied again and was again told to come after 3 days this time.
After 3 days i was told that it will be posted to me from empost (Please note that i have requested them not to post and i will collect it).And m stil chasing empost but they havent received any data for my card neither i receive any call from them.
I know i will get my card but trust me Me Bank Staff in Jebel Ali branch has disappointed me in a big way.I dont know whether they have training for customer service or no but i think in this competitive world they should respect and have proper communication as well as proper service in this cases.
Whats your Call Friends on this?

Rgds
Tiger :oops:

First of all Tiger, welcome to DF.

This is nothing more than can be expected here in the Banking sector, with so many 1/2 / untrained staff. ME Bank, one of the worst, and the worse thing is they don't even realise they are doing any wrong.
They all still have a long way to go, you just have to nuckle down and get what you want.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: ME BANK -- ATM Card Replacement Sep 18, 2006
Thanks sage & onion

Yes you are absolutely right.Well today i again went to the bank and was told that will be ready by today afternoon and i can collect it tomorrow.Well m having lot of patience till now.This guys are really taking customers for a ride.Anyways its their business.

[/i]
tiger
Dubai Forums Member

Sep 18, 2006
yep tiger...sadly there is no such thing as customer service in Dubai :oops:
zam
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Finally Got My Card Sep 19, 2006
Friends,after so many days of running around and being fooled finally i got my ATM Card,below is te email that they sent today(Note:They say here that Empost tried to contact me hahahahahaha)

Dear Valued Customer,

A comment has been posted for your case MBK1709060009.

We would like to inform that Empost has been unable to contact you since the contact number mentioned is incorrect. Please note that correct contact details have been updated and the card will be delivered within 2 working days.

Thank you and best regards.
Customer Services Unit
Emirates Bank Group
+971 4 316 0 316
Visit us at www.emiratesbank.ae

Poor guys didnt know that i already got the card in my hand that too from their main branch.What do you call this?Lack of communication right.Anyways time to end this topic with my post i guess.But this reveals the reality of customer service in Dubai.

Thnx sage & onion as well as ZAM for ur replies.Cheers
tiger
Dubai Forums Member

Sep 20, 2006
Emirates Bank / Me Bank has a complaints line make sure you call them and let them know what happened. Who knows you migth contribute to fixing something.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 07, 2006
I had a similar situation with MeBank and tried calling the complaint hotline. They referred me to MeCare their online customer service system which doesn't really work. After a few e-mails they finally gave me a call and referred me to the closest branch, so I went there and they referred me back to the hotline.

Anyway - after 2 weeks running around in circles I withdrew all my money this morning and opened an account with Citibank. Let's hope they are better - at least they have real people talking to you and not only hotline and website.
apl
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Banking Compliants Oct 07, 2006
As advised use the compliants procedures within banking policy. Dont send it to the local branch but to the corporate office. They are duty bound to review it.
UKCityGent
Dubai Forum Visitor

Oct 08, 2006
Worst banking experience ever was in National Bank of Dubai, City Centre Sharjah Branch.
:oops:
Everything...every little thing they find a mistake/wrong with my paperwork and always ended up coming back to our office and filling up those TT forms all over again. Once even a cash cheque they didnt encash as they are saying the word Dirhams looks like Pirhams...I took the cheque to the NBD Immigration branch and less than 2 minutes the cheque was encashed.... :(

After all the headache and gasoline the Sharjah City Centre branch caused me, we had no choice but to file a complain thru their website.
Dont know about our complaints, but that branch is close now! Whew! :P
zam

Oct 09, 2006
zam wrote:Worst banking experience ever was in National Bank of Dubai

NBD are THE WORSE bank to deal with. Utterly useless.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 09, 2006
XRW-147 wrote:
zam wrote:Worst banking experience ever was in National Bank of Dubai

NBD are THE WORSE bank to deal with. Utterly useless.

Why X? what did they do to you? :lol:
zam

Oct 09, 2006
zam wrote:Why X? what did they do to you? :lol:

I bought a new car and still waiting for a settlement figure for the previous loan I had through NBD - 2 weeks and counting.

Customer service has been less than dismal and the khunts are now trying to stitch me with "penalty interest" for early settlement - my arse!
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 17, 2006
MaaaD wrote:Emirates Bank / Me Bank has a complaints line make sure you call them and let them know what happened. Who knows you migth contribute to fixing something.
fixing mebank? don't be too optimistic.. they're but a bunch of idiots.. my bad experiences with them is countless and when you try thuis complaint line you'll end up with nothing but high blood prressure and you'd be lucky if they didn't hang up on you like thye did to me!

unbelievable!
oldhippie
Dubai Forum User

i accept Mar 27, 2008
oldhippie wrote:
MaaaD wrote:Emirates Bank / Me Bank has a complaints line make sure you call them and let them know what happened. Who knows you migth contribute to fixing something.
fixing mebank? don't be too optimistic.. they're but a bunch of idiots.. my bad experiences with them is countless and when you try thuis complaint line you'll end up with nothing but high blood prressure and you'd be lucky if they didn't hang up on you like thye did to me!

unbelievable!

yes.i too have bad experiences with them.
Actually no bank is good.Only aim of all banks is to RIP money from customers, hold their money in their accounts, rip money thru credit cards, bad service, excellent Ads, behaving like the top bank in customer care...
In Dubai...take extreme care with banks dont loose your money.
kingkong
Dubai Forums Member

Oct 18, 2008
Contrary to the popular opinions on this thread, I've not had a bad experience with meBank at all.

I've been banking with them for over seven years now - never had an issue. For ATM Replacement cards, I just selected the option from their online banking site, and was promptly delivered a card within 3 days. Car Loan, Personal Loan, credit cards, ATM card, International remmitance, multiple accounts (Current/saving), cheques, online bill payments, etc - I use it all, and (touch-wood) no issues yet.

I even suggest my friends to deal with EBI based on how happy I am with them...
shariqq
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

posting in Dubai Black listForum Rules

Return to Dubai Black list