Another Bad Experience With ABN Amro

Topic locked
Another Bad experience with ABN Amro May 12, 2008
well i dont know where to start .. i have been banking with ABN Amro for three years now ... only because my company deals with them and they will only transfer salary with them ...

i had all of those problems ... free credit cards and then asked to pay 200 Dhs, the unreasonable fees for issuing simple stuff like bank statments 100 Dhs per month or a bank liability letter for 500 Dhs and lets not forget NEVER getting any correct information from the telebanking people ... and my latest problem with them is that its been 16 days waiting for my replacement ATM card and they said we will check with coruier and get back to you (which they didnt ofcourse) and i called today and they said oh there was a problem with courier so we cancelled the card with courier and we are reissuing another one ... and now have to wait for an another week

ok am sure all have had these problems with this "amazing" bank which i am stuck with ...

but this ... this was the last straw and i wanna just show everybody how incompetent and unproffessional the phone banking "executives" are ...

for the past three years whenever i call the bank for something they ask the same three questions: for the "purpose of verificaion" can you give me your date of birth, mother maiden name and po box (always same questions) ....
i just found out that my date of birth and mother maiden name are incorrect in the bank data base from day one ( one of ABN employees came to our company took all the inforamtion and i just signed the papers) ... but here is the great part whenever i was calling and giving my correct date of birth and mother maiden name ... ALTHOUGH its not correct he would confirm and say "thank you for the verification .. how can i help you"

WTF, what if that was someone else, and just giving any inforamtion if he doesnt bother checking ... how safe do i feel with my money being in THAT bank ... you can transfer money and pay bills through phone banking ... and they just take it so lightly ...

after i filed a complaint and big fight with the supervisor asking for explenation which he did not give ... i call up after a few minutes and when i gave my inforamtion and the lady says thank you for the verification how can i help you ... i ask her was that inforamtion i just gave you correct ... she says umm sorry can you give me your date of birth again .,.. and i tell her give me your manager ...

unfortunetly i am stuck with this bank but now i plan on opening an another account in an another bank and just take all of my cash to it and keep it just for my salary transfer ....

triple_m27
Dubai Forum Guest

May 14, 2008
follow up to my issue above ....

i sent a complaint email to abn amro website (netherlands)

someone called after an hour regarding it from the bank here (Analyst - Service Quality) and everything got sorted and all my complaints were solved :)

now am a happy costumer ...
triple_m27
Dubai Forum Guest

posting in Dubai Black listForum Rules

Return to Dubai Black list