Airfilling Machines In All Petrol Stations

Topic locked
Airfilling machines in all petrol stations Apr 17, 2008
Most of the Petrol stations ( all brands) I have visited, has defective air filling machine.Most of them doesn't work & rest of them shows wrong readins.Showing wrong reading is very very dangerous compared to a machine that doesn't work.

For example, I'm watching the air filling machine in the EPPCo pump at oudmehtha, just near the KM trading signal in DUbai (Near to the health care city) for the past 1 year & more!! Teh Airfilling machine didn't work & it will not in the future it seems.Will not the municipality do checking & auditing in all petrol stations?

Please please do this dear DUbai Goverment......Small things makes serious impacts.

Example : In one station, the pump showed the wrong reading (32), where I filled extra air(I found that it is above 45 in another station).Luckily i found it before my tyre could burst & cause an accident!!!

kingkong
Dubai Forums Member

May 17, 2008
How many of you cross checked this in any petrol stations...Please share your experience.......
kingkong
Dubai Forums Member

Oct 10, 2008
My car reads tire pressures and when I pumped it up from the petrol station it was the correct reading.

You need to put air in your tires when they are cold.
Waqsy
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Oct 12, 2008
They prefer you to go to the Tyre shops and pay to get your pressure checked.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jan 20, 2009
yeh trye pressure is way differnt when hota and cold
detox
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jan 27, 2009
doesnt your tyres being hot give a false reading on the high side not a low reading
uggs
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jan 29, 2009
uggs wrote:doesnt your tyres being hot give a false reading on the high side not a low reading

hot and cold will not show a difference of 13psi! clearly one of the meters was wrong.. 45 seems too excessive though....I guess the one that showed the higher reading might have been defective.
michaeldubai
Dubai forums Addict

May 15, 2009
Mhh why not just buy a pressure reading instrument or whatever you call it which would cost way less in comparison to bursting a Tyre. I have come across alot of gas stations with defected air filling machines. If you look closely though there is a small tagg attached or printed where it mentions the date it was serviced. Some of them mentioned they were serviced only months before and still turn out defective. Looks like those technicians or inspectors are not doing what they are being paid to do.
bushako

Jul 31, 2009
Hi Guys any suggestion and recommendation regarding the pressure reading gauge,pls lemme know.Thanks...
joepaul
Dubai Forum Guest

Aug 02, 2009
I agree with King Kong majority of the Pumps are "always out of order" but thats also due to the idots who dont know how to use them and retract or place the hose back properly. And sometimes the management just gets sick and leave it as it is.

Adnoc in Abu Dhabi mostly work only because the adentants insist they do it for you at some stations.

As for the other matter. I have my own pressure gauge, I go to the desert often so need to inflate and deflate tyres on a regular basis so it more of a nessacity. Plus its also faster. I just turn it up to full and with in seconds I'm done instead of waiting for the "ting ting" or the "beep beep"

To get one just go to any ace hardware and get one. Milton, ARB, monkey grip and Victor and well know brands and should not cost you more than 30dhs. Infact I think its a essential peice of kit everyone must have, Doesn't hurt to check your tyre pressure atleast once a week. If not daily or at the very least bare minimum do a visual inspection of all 4 tyres. If any looks underinflated, has rips, cuts or wearing unevenly.
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

I hate services of all fuel stations in UAE! Aug 06, 2009
Waqsy wrote:My car reads tire pressures and when I pumped it up from the petrol station it was the correct reading.

You need to put air in your tires when they are cold.

What is your car??
Grouchy Smurf
Dubai Forum Guest

Aug 06, 2009
sage & onion wrote:They prefer you to go to the Tyre shops and pay to get your pressure checked.

Unless you're a girl, then they'll do it for free :wink:
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

same anywhere in the world Sep 01, 2009
Service Station air pumps are notoriously inaccurate across the globe. Doesn't matter where you live.
Bellinis
Dubai Forum Visitor

posting in Dubai Black listForum Rules

Return to Dubai Black list