AirArabia Advertisement Is Not Real!

Topic locked
AirArabia advertisement is not real! Nov 05, 2006
Advertising 99AED flight to some countries that is highlighted in AirArabia advertisement in all UAE media is not true. You can yourself go to airarabia.com and choose a trip from Sharjah to somewhere, then after it shows the calculation page, you will see that there are extra charges for fule, taxes and else.
Just for one example, a two way trip which is 198AED, will add extra 250AED charges !!!

So, why AirArabia is insisting that it's price is 99AED !!!

Any Comments?

mahmoodb
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Nov 05, 2006
nope, sorry... :P
Nick81
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Re: AirArabia advertisement is not real! Nov 05, 2006
mahmoodb wrote:Advertising 99AED flight to some countries that is highlighted in AirArabia advertisement in all UAE media is not true. You can yourself go to airarabia.com and choose a trip from Sharjah to somewhere, then after it shows the calculation page, you will see that there are extra charges for fule, taxes and else.
Just for one example, a two way trip which is 198AED, will add extra 250AED charges !!!

Any Comments?

Welcome to the world of evil marketers.

The problem is people still get sucked in by this and buy. If more people resisted antics like this, they wouldn't happen.

Think for yourself, and vote with your feet.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: AirArabia advertisement is not real! Nov 06, 2006
mahmoodb wrote:So, why AirArabia is insisting that it's price is 99AED !!!

Its called advertising
mraph33
Dubai Expat Helper

mraph33 wrote:

Its called advertising

Hrmmm... I think it's called deceit.

In Australia, we've been through this, and we instinctively look for the hidden taxes etc. when it comes to low price fares.

Of course, you should also apply the rule of thumb, if something is to good to be true, it often is.
^ian^

mraph33 wrote:

Its called advertising

Trust is the most effective advertising gun, that airarabia is losing it by this kind of, as you call it, advertising.
mahmoodb
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Nov 06, 2006
In Europe and the US, they have the 'Advertising Standards Authority' and 'Trade Descriptions Act' that monitors the accuracy and legality of all advertising. We do not have that here.

I have seen advertisments for the following:

Perfume that makes you slimmer!
Herbal hair treatments that claim to give you a full head of thick hair overnight
Slimming pills that claim you will lose 20Kg in 1 week

and the totally unbelievable ad for a fertility clinic that allows you to choose the gender of your baby! This is a completely illegal practice and has been outlawed in every civilised country. Obviously not here.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Nov 06, 2006
Dubai Knight wrote:Perfume that makes you slimmer!
Herbal hair treatments that claim to give you a full head of thick hair overnight

Knight

Where can I buy these herbal hair treatments?? Are you selling them DK??
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 06, 2006
the_zooter wrote:
Dubai Knight wrote:Perfume that makes you slimmer!

Knight

Where can I buy these herbal hair treatments?? Are you selling them DK??

But they only work if your mother is a gorilla
mraph33
Dubai Expat Helper

Nov 06, 2006
mraph33 wrote:
the_zooter wrote:Where can I buy these herbal hair treatments?? Are you selling them DK??

She's a monkey - does that count?
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 06, 2006
the_zooter wrote:
mraph33 wrote:
the_zooter wrote:Where can I buy these herbal hair treatments?? Are you selling them DK??

She's a monkey - does that count?

I'll check the fine print and get back to you
mraph33
Dubai Expat Helper

Nov 06, 2006
mahmoodh,
Thanks for letting us know of AirArabia's deceptive advertising practices. Surely not all airlines behave this way, perhaps what this airline needs is some bad publicity in return.

Elijah-mraph33,
Your comments are always so ... um ... valuable, helpful and appropriate. Next time I have a question or concern, I will surely contact you about it, and I will get a bunch of help for sure. And also, I really like that you never try hard at being funny, no never ever.
freza
Dubai chat master

Nov 06, 2006
I think you will find that the statement "Conditions Apply" is made in relation to the advert, this will cover Airport Taxes etc.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Nov 07, 2006
the only true low budget carrier that exists is AIR ASIA based in malaysia ..
Jamal
Mr. DubaiForums 2006

Nov 07, 2006
Dubai Knight wrote:In Europe and the US, they have the 'Advertising Standards Authority' and 'Trade Descriptions Act' that monitors the accuracy and legality of all advertising. We do not have that here.

I have seen advertisments for the following:

!

and the totally unbelievable ad for a fertility clinic that allows you to choose the gender of your baby! This is a completely illegal practice and has been outlawed in every civilised country. Obviously not here.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight

It wasn't overnight but you should have seen me 6 months ago. My head looked like jeevan's avatar - no longer :wink:
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

You are right Nov 07, 2006
sage & onion wrote:I think you will find that the statement "Conditions Apply" is made in relation to the advert, this will cover Airport Taxes etc.

But, don't you think that when the price is highlighted with a very large font and in fact, the advertisement is insisting on the price, but, the "Conditions Apply" is mentioned with the smallest possible size and in a format that no body's attention is drawn, then, what a reader would get from this kind of advertising?
mahmoodb
Dubai Forums Frequenter

May 28, 2007
sage & onion wrote:I think you will find that the statement "Conditions Apply" is made in relation to the advert, this will cover Airport Taxes etc.

they obviously don't care about the letdown customers feel after reading the fine print. there should be a balance between an attention-grabbing offer and the follow-through.
belzeboob2001
Dubai Forum Visitor

May 29, 2007
I bet there's small print on that ad.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

May 30, 2007
Jamal wrote:the only true low budget carrier that exists is AIR ASIA based in malaysia ..

They still employ the same marketing tactics. The fare they advertise is the fare charged by the airlines. Taxes and other duties applicable are charged by the airports / terminals and standard airline practice is not to include as "fare" price.

Check any airlines advert even if its not a budget airline (Sq, Emirates, etc) all advertise "airfare" price and all will exclude taxes and other charges.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: AirArabia advertisement is not real! Mar 28, 2008
mahmoodb wrote:Advertising 99AED flight to some countries that is highlighted in AirArabia advertisement in all UAE media is not true. You can yourself go to airarabia.com and choose a trip from Sharjah to somewhere, then after it shows the calculation page, you will see that there are extra charges for fule, taxes and else.

Any Comments?

I'm still trying since it's lauch..but never found a ticket for 99AED in Airarabia.
All companies, advertising false attractive options should be screwed & banned
kingkong
Dubai Forums Member

Mar 30, 2008
Oh for goodness sake. There's always fine print which will say something along the lines of, 'Subject to availability, exclusive of tax and other fees' etc etc.

Plus airlines advertise cheap seats, but there will only ever be a few available at the cheapest price. That's the way ANY airline operates.

Get over it! Air Arabia, still does some amazing deals.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 06, 2008
Dubai Knight wrote:Herbal hair treatments that claim to give you a full head of thick hair overnight

Worked for me :rr:
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Apr 07, 2009
its fooling business....:)
sunny123
Dubai Forum User

May 04, 2009
Thx for the tip :)
AussieClay
Dubai Forum User

May 08, 2009
its not smart advertising - its real cheating !!!#@$#@$@#$
sunny123
Dubai Forum User

Re: AirArabia advertisement is not real! May 15, 2009
mahmoodb wrote:
mraph33 wrote:

Its called advertising

Trust is the most effective advertising gun, that airarabia is losing it by this kind of, as you call it, advertising.

You gotta admit though its pretty cheap compared to to other airlines and maybe that's one of the thoughts that occurs in their customers mind when the continue booking even after the total cost if revealed.
bushako

May 16, 2009
Dubai Knight wrote:In Europe and the US, they have the 'Advertising Standards Authority' and 'Trade Descriptions Act' that monitors the accuracy and legality of all advertising. We do not have that here.

Its Dubai Muncipality Advertisement Section(or Department) in Rashidiya- UmRamoul Street next to RTA head office

Also most of the ads created/posted are for brand awareness..
MAATC
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Dubai Black listForum Rules

Return to Dubai Black list