ABN AMOR – The Worst Bank Ever!

Topic locked
Re: Crrdit Card Payment Aug 22, 2009
sureshkumar wrote:I was worked in dubai for 2 years due to some reason comany as terminated. so i came back to india. i have not paid credit card payment. anyone know what bank will take action on me. presently i am in india.

You should arrange to pay your debt.

sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

ABN AMRO cc saga never ends Sep 08, 2009
I had a Visa card with this lousy bank in 2001 for one year. I left Dubai at short notice for Canada in Feb 2002 and didnt have the time to cancel the card and settle the balance. By phone from Canada, I spoke with a woman in the cards div who asked me to mail the credit card with a letter giving my new address in Canada and asking the bank to cancel the card and ack. I mailed it under registered post. Meanwhile, I had asked a friend in Dubai to clear the balance payments in the card, so nothing was owed to the bank. I heard nothing from the bank about the cancellation or if any balance was due from me. I didnt even bother to call or write again.

Six years later in April 2008, I get a call from a collection agent in Sri Lanka saying I owed AED 30,000++ for unpaid balance. Why Sri Lanka, that was my original place of permanent residence, but not anymore. I am a Canadian now and do not live in Sri Lanka. Since then, these agents have been troubling my relatives in Sri Lanka stating that I owed money to the bank.

I have all the letters I wrote to the bank with postal registration slips and some receipts of payments I made on the balance (Some are missing, who keeps all the paid bills after 6 years). i tried calling the bank to speak to someone about this and yes, like everyone else gone through in this forum I was sent from pillar to post and got fed up and gave up.

How do I stop these collection agents in Sri Lanka troubling my relatives? Should I let them go to local cops and report these guys who walk in and walk out as they wish without any notice or respect and disturb my in laws?

ABN really sucks....never again
Torontoman
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Sep 11, 2009
Iron Palm wrote:Another piece of info for you guys having trouble with ABN's collection dept. threatening to bounce your security cheque:

A security cheque could not be the basis for a criminal charge. If a security cheque bounces, it will be heard by the Civil Court only, not criminal court! In other words, it is not a criminal offence. If a cheque was expressively made as security for performance of obligations or as a trust, and it bounces, then it is a commercial dispute only!

Firstly, before filing a case for bouncing cheques, the Police try to resolve it amicably between the parties. so, if you show that it is a security cheque and you were trying to resolve the issue with the bank, the Police would not interfere.

This advice is dangerously wrong. ANY cheque that bounces in the UAE is a criminal matter if reported to the police. You WIll be arrested. You WILL go to jail and you WILL NOT leave the country until you have paid the debt. The UAE jails are full of people whose security cheques have been bounced by the bank.
Mama
Dubai Forum Visitor

Sep 14, 2009
I can travel to Other GCC countries except Dubai. Is there any problems ?
sureshkumar
Dubai Forum Guest

Sep 14, 2009
I WILL STRONGLY AGREE WITH YOU ALL

ABN AMRO NOW CALLED RBS IS THE MOST FUC**ING BANK I HAVE SEEN, IT NOT EVEN A BANK ITS KIND OF MAFIAS SITTING THERE TO THREATEN YOU, THEY DON'T KNOW THE WORDS,
POLITE
SERVICE
CUSTOMER CARE,

AND TRUST ME THEY ARE WORST THEN DOGS, FU**ing BAST**DS,

I WAS OUT OF COUNTRY FOR MY VACATION ONLY FOR 2 MONTHS AND I WAS OF COURSE DEPENDING ON MY CREDIT CARD FOR TRAVELING, WELL I HAD MADE MY MIN PAYMENTS BEFORE GOING AND I HARDLY HAD USED 15% OF MY CREDIT LIMIT, OBVIOUSLY IF I WAS OUT I DINT MAKE PAYMENTS FOR 2 MONTHS AND THIS FU**ERS BLOCKED MY CARDS,

I WAS A PLATINUM MEMBER AND HAVE BEEN USING THE SAME AND ONLY CARD FOR MORE THEN 4 YEARS, WHEN I CAME BACK I DID NOT MIND MAKING THE PAYMENT BUT Y DO THEY HAVE TO BLOCK IT?

AND ON TOP OF THAT WHEN I CALLED THEM THE THING THAT PISSED ME OFF WAS THE WAY THEY TALK BLOODY UNCULTURED BUGGERS.

SO I SAID FINE I WONT PAY DO WHAT EVER U WANT,

THEY KEPT ON CALLING ME AND EVERY TIME ITS A DIFFERENT PERSON BUT FROM THE SAME BAST**D FAMILY,
AFTER COUPLE OF CALLS ONE GUY TOLD ME TO MAKE SOME PAYMENT TO UNBLOCK THE CARDS BUT AFTER MAKING THE PAYMENT THE GUY COMPLETELY DISAGREED TO UNBLOCK IT, I ASKED HIM TO TRANSFER ME TO THE MANAGER, AND THE MANAGER WAS EVEN BIGGER BAST**D,

HE GOES Y WILL WE UN BLOCK,, U DINT MAKE FULL PAYMENT, U HAVE TO SETTLE THE WHOLE AMOUNT FIRST
I SAID -BUT YOUR GUY TOLD ME SO,,
HE GOES- WELL HE IS NEW AND HE DOSE NOT KNOW ANYTHING

WELL IF HE IS NEW THE Y THE F**K U HIRE HIM, N IF U HIRED THE FUC**R THEN AT LIST TRAIN HIM,,

MAN I TELL YOU
AGAIN FINALLY I RECEIVED A CALL TODAY AND WHEN I ASKED THE GUY TO SPEAK IN A POLITE WAY
HE GOES- WHAT DO U ANT ME TO SING A SONG FOR YOU

ISNT THERE A WAY TO LEGALLY SUE THIS FUC**RS?
theone
Dubai Forum Guest

so what can i do? Sep 17, 2009
hi all

now ok i had 2 credit cards from 2 banks and one of them was abn amro

and i have left uae from like 2 years now without payment

the thing is that ofcourse they but a ban on me on the airport

and i want to pay this money now in order to open the border for me i dont know the procedure and how to granty that they will withdrow there black list if i payed

can any body advice ?
midnight-blues
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Sep 17, 2009
Another retarded thing these idiots do is block your card without informing you, due to "suspected security breach". Its happened to me twice where I've travelled to Malaysia and Thailand for business where my card was blocked for use in these countries (without me knowing) so I turn up and am freaking stranded with minimal cash and relying on my cc for accomodation / transport costs. Took 4-6 calls to these idiots and around 3 days to unblock my card each time and they seriously could not care less that you are stranded somewhere with no means of paying for a roof over your head just cause they didn't have the courtesy to let you know your card won't work. Numpties... needless to say they don't get my business any longer and I make damn sure I let everyone I know what a bunch of unprofessional / dodgy / braindead wankers they really are. RBS - Royal Bull $hit.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

chq bounce, out of dubai Oct 11, 2009
Hi, i was working in dubai, lost my job few months now, in india.i have an unsettled credit card
need to know if im travelling to canada for a education and a new begining, can they hold anything against me?!
akon1988
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Nov 01, 2009
o4hara
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Re: ABN AMOR – the worst bank ever! Jul 16, 2011
it reminded me this customer service:

Shuhrat
Dubai Forums Member

Re: ABN AMOR – the worst bank ever! Oct 29, 2011
I have no experience with ABN AMRO but would like to nominate Barclays for worst bank ever instead;
1. online banking system which has numerous bugs
2. irresponsive customer support and complaints division
3. they even charge for an ATM balance inquiry
4. a significant part of their staff has a very poor command of english
5. no credit facilities to speak of
vogonslayeruae
Dubai Forum Guest

posting in Dubai Black listForum Rules

Return to Dubai Black list