Which Sports Car For Limited Budget?

Topic locked
Mar 28, 2009
xty wrote:
gtmash wrote:And xty, dude, in these times, you would be shooting yourself in the foot by replacing your small SUV with a sports car, of all things. For one thing, it costs MORE to maintain and harder to sell when the tasty hits the fan. I only say this because you said you wanted to be on the safe side monetarily.

gt, as I said "If it gets better, I'd buy another one", that means if I nail a job within couple of months.

At the moment I'm "renting" friend's car. He's leaving the country next week and is abandoning the car. So I just pay its monthly installment (consider it "renting", cheaper than the cheapest rate from rental car company, but I got SUV instead of Lancer/Yaris), at least until either I leave the country (if nothing comes) or next reg renewal (it'll get stuck, won't it?)

Thats a good deal now isn't it. Probally you don't give a rats @ss about parking on pavements, paking without tickets, or hadicapped zone and getting flashed now 8)

desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Mar 28, 2009
xty wrote:
gtmash wrote:And xty, dude, in these times, you would be shooting yourself in the foot by replacing your small SUV with a sports car, of all things. For one thing, it costs MORE to maintain and harder to sell when the tasty hits the fan. I only say this because you said you wanted to be on the safe side monetarily.

gt, as I said "If it gets better, I'd buy another one", that means if I nail a job within couple of months.

At the moment I'm "renting" friend's car. He's leaving the country next week and is abandoning the car. So I just pay its monthly installment (consider it "renting", cheaper than the cheapest rate from rental car company, but I got SUV instead of Lancer/Yaris), at least until either I leave the country (if nothing comes) or next reg renewal (it'll get stuck, won't it?)

I thought you owned a Kia Sportage for some reason. Did you?
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Mar 28, 2009
gtmash wrote:I thought you owned a Kia Sportage for some reason. Did you?

I owned Tucson V6 2.7L. And this friend's car is Tucson too (but 2.0L). Man, I can tell now that I want my next car (whichever type) at least having V6 ;)

No regret having Tucson V6. I would buy it again if I'd choose a compact & budget SUV.
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jun 06, 2009
Meh and Pah,get a V8 and supercharge it , this is made of win and not at all ghey,unlike all these whizz pop things people are suggesting
busa
Dubai forums Addict

Jun 09, 2009
Buy mine!!!! E92 Coupe 335i- It has 40k in Mods including Brembo, BBS. PM me if interested or you want picts.
Evans_335i
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jun 14, 2009
with that budget i'd get used M3 or M5 !!! check Dubbizle loads of bargain these days !!
B44D ARS3
Dubai Forum User

Aug 17, 2009
From ur list 350Z. Full stop.
For it's cost u gonna get a real good engine, one of the best transmissions ever, slick look, descent handling, reasonable service charges and a car that with a proper driver will effortlessly leave far behind the rest from ur list.

Corvette????? Charger? Mustang? Guys u must be kidding me...
nuitgal
Dubai Forum Visitor

Aug 17, 2009
Although, pardon me, someone who would "choose a Tucson again" can't be a proper driver to start with IMAO...
nuitgal
Dubai Forum Visitor

Aug 17, 2009
nuitgal wrote:Although, pardon me, someone who would "choose a Tucson again" can't be a proper driver to start with IMAO...

you can't seem to differentiate the words "sports sedan" and "SUV" (clue: "if I'd choose a compact & budget SUV")
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Aug 17, 2009
xty wrote:
nuitgal wrote:Although, pardon me, someone who would "choose a Tucson again" can't be a proper driver to start with IMAO...

you can't seem to differentiate the words "sports sedan" and "SUV" (clue: "if I'd choose a compact & budget SUV")

I do differentiate darling. Its just beyond my understanding that a Driver would choose a Tucson, and then would choose it again.
If u know a bit about cars u would better be walking than wasting ur money on something like this.
I'm not getting my dough from a bush in the garden, and I can't always afford the car I want, but in the worst times Tucson and alike are out of my dictionary.
No offence, it's just my point of view.
nuitgal
Dubai Forum Visitor

Aug 17, 2009
everybody have their own preferences. despite i'd choose a sports sedan for next, what's wrong by choosing the same thing again?

however, unless you're a car tester who had tested many cars or owned it yourself, it's said "you wouldn't know until you experience it yourself".

if i had more money, i might probably consider others. but until then i'd stick to the priorities where budget was my first, then new compact SUV/CUV was my second, as stated in my previous statement.
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Aug 19, 2009

How 'bout the SL 500?
G to tha T
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai AutoForum Rules

Return to Dubai Auto