Volkswagen Phaeton Long V10 TDI 4Motion 4x4 FULL FULL 2003

Topic locked
Volkswagen Phaeton Long V10 TDI 4Motion 4x4 FULL FULL 2003 May 16, 2006
VW's premium sedan gets a diesel good enough to challenge the world's best gasoline engines. We export direct from germany

NOW FOR ONLY usd $52.ooo

we export world wide

Volkswagen Phaeton Road TestAwaiting Full Road Test and Review

On The Road NEW Car Price £70,930
Transmission 6 Speed tiptronic Automatic Gearbox
Automatic Transmission Standard
Body Style Saloon
Driven Wheels Four Wheel Drive (4x4)

Engine Data
Engine Capacity 4921 cc
Cylinders V10
Power 313@3750 bhp/rpm
Torque 553@2000 lb/ft
Emissions Class EU3
CO2 Emissions 308 g/km - (Auto)

Performance
Maximum Speed 155 mph - (Auto)
0 - 62 mph 6.9 seconds - (Auto)

Safety Rating and Insurance Group
NCAP Crash Test Rating
Insurance Group 20

Maintenance and Warranty
Service Interval Variable miles
Warranty 3 years / 60000 miles

Fuel
Fuel Type Diesel
Fuel Capacity 90 litres / 19.80 gallons
Combined Fuel Consumption 24.8 mpg - (Auto)

Dimensions and Capacities
Length 5175 mm
Width 1903 mm
Height 1450 mm
Wheel Base 3001 mm
Split/ Fold Rear Seat N/A
Boot Capacity 500 litres
Kerb Weight 2589 kg
Towing Limit 2500 kg

Safety and Security
ABS Standard
Front Seat Belt Pre-Tensioners Standard
Driver Airbag Standard
Passenger Standard
Front Side Airbags Standard
Alarm Standard
Immobiliser Standard
Central Locking Standard

Comfort
Power Steering Standard
Air Conditioning Standard
Electric Front Windows Standard
Manual Sunroof N/A
Electric Sunroof Standard
Electric Mirrors Standard
Leather Seats Standard
Cruise Control Standard
Alloy Wheels Standard
Metallic Paint Standard

In Car Entertainment and Satellite Navigation
Radio/Cassette with RDSN/A
Radio/CD with RDSStandard
Satellite Navigation Standard

buildexpert
Dubai Forum Visitor

May 16, 2006
If they are so good, why have VW only sold 15 yes 15 in the UK since its launch.

Like Topgear says "who is going to buy a VW for 70k when that would buy you a qu/ality car from a quality Marque, like Mercs, BMW etc etc"
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Best Diesel on the market May 16, 2006
what do you mean?

this is the best Diesel engine wich you can have on the MARKET

Wolfsburg. As of 4 April, Volkswagen will be enhancing the luxury class segment with a new dimension: the Phaeton V10 TDI, the most powerful saloon in the world with a diesel engine. Its 5.0-litre ten-cylinder power unit generates 230 kW / 313 bhp. From 2000 rpm upwards, the bi-turbo diesel direct injection develops a fabulous 750 Newtonmetres of torque.

The performance of the Phaeton V10 TDI is at the level of a thoroughbred sports car. For example, the saloon accelerates in only 6.9 seconds to 100 kph. At 250 kph top speed, the electronics regulate the V10 TDI gently and unnoticeably. Here, the Phaeton V10 TDI stands out with a low average consumption, an average of 11.4 litres for 100 kilometres.

Behind the remarkable consumption figures and performance is an engine that is regarded by experts as a masterpiece of diesel engine design. This engine was presented for the first time in the luxury class off-road vehicle Touareg. The main features of this new generation of diesel engines: maximum dynamism and maximum comfort with minimum consumption.

As series standard, the power of the engine in the Phaeton V10 TDI is applied onto the road by the superior 4MOTION four-wheel drive. The interface between the engine and four-wheel drive is formed by a new six-speed automatic gearbox, which can alternatively be shifted manually using the Tiptronic mode. The new top model in the diesel segment, in the same way as the Phaeton V6 and Phaeton W12, also has the innovative 4-corner air suspension.

The distinctive exterior design matches the dynamic picture of the Phaeton. Harmonious and powerful lines underline the sporty properties of the saloon. An unmistakable design is also a feature of the interior. The progressive interior is dominated by a refreshingly clear and modern elegance. The materials deployed, the user-friendly technical solutions, the elegant design and the generous spatial dimensions create an ambience that is as progressive as it is exclusive, making the Phaeton V10 TDI pleasantly distinctive.

As series standard, the five-seater - and optionally four-seater - 313-bhp saloon, compared to the V6 model, is equipped with features that include a leather interior trim (type 'Vienna'), front seats with an electrical 12-way setting (including lumbar support and memory function), electrically adjustable steering column plus entry aid 'Easy Entry' and memory function, as well as (front) seat belts that can also be electrically adjusted. The exterior of the V10 TDI features 18-inch alloy wheels with 235 tyres and a choice of metallic or pearl effect paintwork.

In addition, all Phaeton models have the unique 4-zone Climatronic and the above-mentioned air suspension with continuous, road speed-dependent or individually adjustable damper control and integrated self-levelling suspension.

The options also include exclusive and technically innovative equipment details. One high-tech element: the Automatic Distance Control (ADR). Here, the Phaeton uses radar to automatically keep the ideal distance to the vehicle in front. The series standard 190-Watt audio system (with 6-way CD changer) can be replaced on request by a communications package, including audio system "12/12 High End" with 270 Watts, car telephone fixed installation, navigation system and TV module. Alternatively, these components are also available separately.

A wide variety of wood trims and inlays that can be integrated as well as other leather variations make the interior of the saloon a personally matched unique version. The exterior can also be individualised by means of so-called 'piano paints' and helio-chrome shades. The individualisation program presented in Geneva means that the Phaeton can be designed on an even more personal basis in future.

(All data and information contained in this press release are valid for the model program offered in Germany. There may be some deviations in other countries. Volkswagen reserve the right to make changes and corrections.)
buildexpert
Dubai Forum Visitor

May 16, 2006
So What!!!

Like in the UK, who is going to pay 200k Dhs for a VW - get real buddy. And in the UAE who gives a shit about diessel, they almost give away petrol.

Lastly its a shit ugly car.
arniegang

May 16, 2006
i just noticed its not even new its a 2003

pmsl you got no chance of selling this saloon version of the toureg for 200k Dhs.

A bmw 760i with every toy imaginable and more would cost 1/2 that in the UAE.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
arniegang

May 16, 2006
wich car is good selling in UAE?
buildexpert
Dubai Forum Visitor

May 16, 2006
Anything except overpriced VW's.

If you are exporting from Europe forget it. No one will touch them with a barge pole. Even the Yank imports arn't popular. These cars do not meet Gulf spec Standards
arniegang

May 16, 2006
buildexpert wrote:wich car is good selling in UAE?

If you're importing from Germany can you price me out a 2003 BMW X5 but must have manual gears, I don't drive automatics and I can't find a manual here. I'd prefer the larger engine ones but I know in North America only the smaller 3.0 L comes in manual. Ideally I'd like a 4.4, manual.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

May 17, 2006
fayz wrote:
buildexpert wrote:wich car is good selling in UAE?

If you're importing from Germany can you price me out a 2003 BMW X5 but must have manual gears, I don't drive automatics and I can't find a manual here. I'd prefer the larger engine ones but I know in North America only the smaller 3.0 L comes in manual. Ideally I'd like a 4.4, manual.

Changing your car Fayz???
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 17, 2006
arniegang wrote:Anything except overpriced VW's.

If you are exporting from Europe forget it. No one will touch them with a barge pole. Even the Yank imports arn't popular. These cars do not meet Gulf spec Standards

Upgraded cooling system and speed alert renders most Euro imports "gulf spec".
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 17, 2006
My car is North American spec and I brought it here and GM warrantied it for me and said that anything from the States/Canada is built in such a way that it is automatically Gulf Spec.

You cannot have a harsher climate than in some parts of Canada, like Winnipeg where in winter it is -40 and in summer can reach +40....
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 17, 2006
is very hard to find , but i have one is X5 4.4 2003 13000 KM FULL OPTION
52000 USD . IS LIKE :arrow: NEW CONDITION .
buildexpert
Dubai Forum Visitor

May 17, 2006
for the x5 3.0 2003 can be cost aboute 36.000 usd
buildexpert
Dubai Forum Visitor

May 17, 2006
buildexpert wrote:is very hard to find , but i have one is X5 4.4 2003 13000 KM FULL OPTION

In a manual?

Your price is already well above market rates here, when in fact imports should be considerably less.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 17, 2006
buildexpert wrote:for the x5 3.0 2003 can be cost aboute 36.000 usd

You can buy a 2003 4.4 in that price range.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 17, 2006
It is rather pricer I must concur.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 17, 2006
you are first who have ask me for X5 4.4 manualy!!! is very hard to find because this is special edition. Please tell me your target price . and we can give you some offers. :roll:
buildexpert
Dubai Forum Visitor

May 17, 2006
Actually Fayz was the one who asked you. Not sure what his target price is buddy :)
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 18, 2006
Forget it guys, just over priced euro prices
arniegang

May 19, 2006
buildexpert wrote:is very hard to find , but i have one is X5 4.4 2003 13000 KM FULL OPTION

Thank you for looking into this for me, I know it is rare and don't mind paying a slight premium but you're about 18 k higher than local prices for an auto. Max I'd pay is 38k, I don't mind you making money off of me as this is business but I don't like to be raped.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

May 19, 2006
Are you sure that aircon, engine cooling system and paintwork can cope with UAE conditions ?
homie
Dubai Forum Visitor

May 19, 2006
homie wrote:Are you sure that aircon, engine cooling system and paintwork can cope with UAE conditions ?

Dunno about Euro specs but a US/Canada spec car is the most stringent one in the world and)z there is no problem with any climatic condition the UAE can throw at it :)
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai AutoForum Rules

Return to Dubai Auto