Traffic Jam !!! No Solution ?? What You Say ??

Topic locked
Traffic Jam !!! No Solution ?? What you say ?? Sep 09, 2006
I found the news in the net
Residents offer suggestions to cut traffic woes
http://www.gulfnews.com/indepth/traffic ... 62586.html
Cars to be confiscated if drivers jump red lights
http://www.gulfnews.com/indepth/traffic ... 65409.html

What YOU say to reduce Traffic Jam in Dubai.

Hope I am posting this forums right topic, if not - moderator, please move this to the right topic.

inthearth
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Sep 09, 2006
Suggesting some ideas form my side

1. GPRS on vehicles will the solution to provide drivers to drive in the right direction with less traffic roads. Also avoid unnecessary driving if you don't know the exact place.
Government has to provide the GPRS in a subsidized rate

2. Putting count down times at signals will give the driver a good time to make a decision at the signals.

3. Widely spread solid public transport system.
- Metro rails to move people between major places.
- From 'Major place' to its surrounding area (like malls), frequent buses (feeder buses) transport system with less expensive way –(like day fare card - pay per day for unlimited number of trips in the bus)

4. Once the above system is in place, implement very high road/vehicle tax. This will enable the public move to the public transport instead of buying their own car.

5. Build more roads
Build more bypass road to reduce the load on major roads

6. Don't provide information where the comers are. Getting information of camera will guide the driver to keep the traffic rules only on that specific area

7. Tighten the traffic rules.
If found violating the traffic rules on the spot, cancel the license for one month 9something like this). One month with out driving will be
better than following the traffic rule.
inthearth
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Sep 10, 2006
Encourage car pooling :idea: !
zookk
Dubai Forum User

I think the Road network is age old! Sep 22, 2006
Since the number of car've increased, I think the roads need to be widen more, which is taking place at some areas....and more service roads are need along the highways, at the same time exists too.....i hope the new Dubai Metro project will ease the flow! since it will have underground system..........most importantly! the traffic is caused due to people living in sharjah but working in Dubai, i happen to be one of them, main problem is caused around the clover-leaf interchange in sharjah.......and Al Wahda Street's construction bridge! Due to that people are trapped all the way from Garhoud area in Dubai! Some thing has to be done very soon! Secondly we need to have some patience, if we quitely follow in the lane and avoid overtaking from the traffic, i think that would eliminate the cause of bottle necks!
think on it guys.
Salman_20VT
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Sep 22, 2006
best thing to do is make a separate road for trucks and buses. ban these vehicles from emirates road completely. Because in the morning most of the traffic is caused by them and accidents as well cos to be honest with u the truck drivers are always driving fast. Either ban them from roads which the public uses or have a separate lane for the buses, trucks and pick up lorries.
another thing that cheeses me off is when a Van is driving in the FAST lane especially on SZR. The top speed these Vans can touch is 80kph and they shouldnt be coming in the left lane at all.
metro and the public transport wont do anything to the traffic it will only make a difference to those living in dubai. All the traffic is in Sharjah and because Sharjah is 5 minutes away from Dubai thats y Dubai gets congested aswell. So the problem lies in sharjah itself. either put the rents down in dubai and encourage ppl to live in dubai and the traffic will go down or make bigger and wider roads in Sharjah which is not possible at all. But they can speed up the new interchange being build next to Sharjah City centre cos most of the time i see its like a cricket pitch being prepared with 2 people going up and down with rollers :D.
to beat traffic y dont you leave early for work or university or whatever. if ur work starts at 8 leave at 6 that way u wont have to drive fast and recklessly trying to beat traffic inorder to get to time on time. slow down its only your work :p ur life is more important. if you care about being on time then leave early that way u ll arrive on time and even if you arrive lets say an hour before your offfice is supposed to open then have a nap in ur car for an hour or have a nice breakfast :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 22, 2006
i think to reduce trafic in dubai
1)make underground train
2)to make bigger streets
3) make camers in street if sombody wakes he have to pay :D
r3ay-alborsh
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

True! Sep 23, 2006
Since we can't do anything about this stupid traffic jams...i completely agree with ''rudeboy'' that's the only way...get up early and leave soon!
Salman_20VT
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Sep 24, 2006
wots the underground train gonna do. london has it but still there is so much traffic coming in and out of london. you cannt make cities bigger. if you look at it dubai and shj are next to each other like 5 minutes away. so if there is traffic in shj dubai will get affected and if there is traffic on dubai then ofcourse shj will get affected.

shj and dubai government should work together to solve this problem. maybe make more roads linking dubai to shj. at the present moment theres only 3 ways u can get to dubai from shj. emirates road, gusais and dubai shj road. y not open the road thats closed between mamzar and sharjah corniche behind Al Tawun mall?
y not make a road behind sahara centre.

and y not make the interchange next to Discount centre 2 LANE rather then 1 lane knowing that there r so many cars in Dubai n Sharjah.
Y is the new interchange being build next to Sharjah city centre is taking so much time to BUILD?

but to be honest with u traffic aint that bad compared to LonDon or other cities from across the World.
just leave early u ll beat the traffic for sure :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Certainly:) Sep 24, 2006
Good points you've mentioned! And i strongly agree that they should open the link between mamzer behind Tawwun Mall! hell that could also ease our blood pressures a lot :lol: true i've been to London..traffic there is in worse condition! specially after Paddington High towards Westminster! gosh it took me about 2 hrs to cover a distance of 1km!!! it was that slow! that good thing was that all of the people there have lots of patience! and I compliment them for that! they don't try to over take the traffic and creat bottle necks!
I think you're right, both Dubai & Shj govts. should do something about it, i've also heard they're soon gonna levy some sort of road tax on Al Ittihad Road (Dubai Shj road) is that true? :shock: its gonna be nightmare then :cry:
Salman_20VT
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Sep 24, 2006
how much they gonna charge 20 30 dhs come on people in dubai and sharjah will be ready to pay that much. its not gonna make a difference to the number of cars on dubai sharjah road. plus there are other routes so there still will be traffic no matter wot unless u open the mamzar road which i heard the Sheikh of dubai doesnt want to open for some personal reason ;).
People in dubai aint got patience and traffic in dubai aint that bad its moving traffic but everyone is in a hurry to get home. wots the hurry they probably can smell wots cooking from their workplace :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

lol Sep 24, 2006
I guess so :lol: maybe the Sheikh wants every one to live and work in Dubai...like animals and sacrificing all their earnings into soaring rents!
Salman_20VT
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Sep 25, 2006
sorry but i dont think i ll have my family mingling with the whores of dubai :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

yeah true! Sep 25, 2006
Yeah true :!: you could say that again! :lol: me too! and i think traffic's gonna get worse sooner or later :cry:
Salman_20VT
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Oct 01, 2006
Here's what they should do:

Sharjah and Dubai should work together to build a public transport system / subway involving both cities.

What's being built now is good but will only help with the traffic coming from the marina and those places, it does nothing for the Sharjah - Dubai commuters and that's where the biggest problem is
dannyM
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Dubai AutoForum Rules

Return to Dubai Auto