Subaru WRX STi

Topic locked
Subaru WRX STi Sep 08, 2008
Hey everyone, Im new here and I just found this forum by luck hehe. Anyways its nice to know there is a forum like this in Dubai :)

I would just want to ask if anyone here would happen to know someone or a shop that sells Subaru Impreza WRX STi 2006 or above model/body. I'll be moving to Dubai this September 9, 2008 and Im planing on getting my hands on an STi.

Thanx guys and hope to get to know more about the people here in this forum so that I could get some advises from you guys.

Keep safe :)

poi5on
Dubai Forum User

Sep 11, 2008
As far as I know they don't sell the WRX or the STi in Dubai.
oxipe
Dubai Forum Guest

Sep 11, 2008
oxipe wrote:As far as I know they don't sell the WRX or the STi in Dubai.

really? how sad.. :(

I found someone selling 2nd ones, I hope I see a good one though.

Thanx for the reply.
poi5on
Dubai Forum User

Sep 14, 2008
Are you a Subaru fan?If yes,then it's great.I'm a fan of Subaru too.Trying to get my hand one here in Dubai. :D
invictors
Dubai Forum User

Sep 16, 2008
invictors wrote:Are you a Subaru fan?If yes,then it's great.I'm a fan of Subaru too.Trying to get my hand one here in Dubai. :D

Yup :)

Hope you do too sir. :)
poi5on
Dubai Forum User

Sep 16, 2008
You can get them here. Khoury & Sons are the official distributor and have a showroom on Sheikh Zayed Road, however the STI and WRX have to be specially ordered. The problem is they normally are only available in right hand drive, which is a problem for the RTA here.

There is a big Scooby and Evo following here and the guys can get all the Prodrive parts for the Scoobies but only on personal import. Mitsubishi do have a Rallyart department here so its more official.

Some cars that are 'not allowed' in Dubai for silly reasons, can be obtained in RAK and UAQ, but they have to be registered there. I have seen a load of GTR's and even an old Nissan Z300 in pretty good state tooling around up there.

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Sep 16, 2008
Dubai Knight wrote:You can get them here. Khoury & Sons are the official distributor and have a showroom on Sheikh Zayed Road, however the STI and WRX have to be specially ordered. The problem is they normally are only available in right hand drive, which is a problem for the RTA here.

There is a big Scooby and Evo following here and the guys can get all the Prodrive parts for the Scoobies but only on personal import. Mitsubishi do have a Rallyart department here so its more official.

Some cars that are 'not allowed' in Dubai for silly reasons, can be obtained in RAK and UAQ, but they have to be registered there. I have seen a load of GTR's and even an old Nissan Z300 in pretty good state tooling around up there.

8) 8) 8)

Knight

Hey sir, Yup I believe they have a Subaru showroom in Sheikh Zayed Rd. They also have one in Deira I think. But I dont think they sell the STi editions, you'll have to order them (sad). I've seen a lot of 350Z and EVOs already here in Dubai. EVOs here are much more popular than STis I think.

If you happen to know someone selling Subbies please let me know sir thanks :)
poi5on
Dubai Forum User

Sep 16, 2008
You don't have to keep calling me 'sir'...unless you are a maid!

Yes, Khoury have a showroom on the airport road near City Centre and DNATA building, however they don't sell Scoobies from there, its a water pump sales room now.

Check out Automall.com or even Dubizzle.com

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Sep 18, 2008
Hehehe.

Will check the link out, Thank a lot :)
poi5on
Dubai Forum User

Sep 19, 2008
I happen to know a place that sells a WRX STI Subaru =) with a Gulf specification too.
Vexit
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Sep 20, 2008
Vexit wrote:I happen to know a place that sells a WRX STI Subaru =) with a Gulf specification too.

Where man?

Do you have the number? and do you know what year? Thanks a lot.
poi5on
Dubai Forum User

Sep 21, 2008
poi5on wrote:
Vexit wrote:I happen to know a place that sells a WRX STI Subaru =) with a Gulf specification too.

Where man?

Which model you are looking for?
The one's I know about were model 2007 Black and White and both of them are sold.
Anyway I will look for more and I will contact you the moment I find one.
Vexit
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Sep 22, 2008
Vexit wrote:
poi5on wrote:

Where man?

Which model you are looking for?
The one's I know about were model 2007 Black and White and both of them are sold.
Anyway I will look for more and I will contact you the moment I find one.

2004 wrx sti and up model/body. (I am really looking for a 2007, but having a hard time to find one.)

I prefer white or blue, do you know someone selling one?

If so please let me know, here's my mobile number 050-8052264

Thanks a lot man. :)
poi5on
Dubai Forum User

Oct 14, 2008
any one know's how you can bring cars into Dubai? any website I can check for these regulations. Thanks.
methodbuilt.com
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Oct 15, 2008
If you drag yourself up to AL Awir, a lot of the showrooms there are selling the brand new Sti, i believe for around AED150K.

The Stealership also had a few in their Showroom not too long ago, again, around the AEd150 bracket.

I own a good old girl in the form of a 97 WRX GC8. She's currently in the garage having some work done on her i.e. mods. :lol:

http://evolve.ae/forum/viewforum.php?f= ... 6e52a25798

Check out our small petrolhead community on the above Site (I have linked the For Sale Section).
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Oct 15, 2008
That motor is pure thorobred. I have always wanted an integrale, now I am in Dub the LHD wont be an issue. I may have one imported if they are hard to come by.
seardarren
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Oct 15, 2008
Are you referring to the Evo II for sale. Awesome machine, however, as most have said, it is hard, very hard to get parts and to find someone to maintain it, unless you can do it yourlsef.

Also, they are not a very common sight on the roads here.
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Dec 09, 2008
I'm a big fan of the STi too, I own the first version of WRX actually.
So it's not legal for a RHD car in Dubai now and you can't have older vehicles imported?
compevo
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

posting in Dubai AutoForum Rules

Return to Dubai Auto