Ford Escape 2009

Topic locked
Ford Escape 2009 May 16, 2009
Just got a new Ford Escape 2009.

Looking forward to inputs/ideas from members here who have the same (or similar) car.

Will use it for my daily drive to work (100km back and forth) and long trips on weekends, with some CASUAL off-roading.

Specs:
XLS model
3.0L V6 240HP
6-speed A/T
16" Alloy wheels
Electric Power Steering
Intelligent 4WD
ABS

chrisboy
Dubai Forum Visitor

May 19, 2009
I'm not sure what input you're looking for..... We have the 2008 Mercury Mariner (Based on an Escape) and we are very happy with it. These cars drive very smooth, are solid & reliable and have a higher than average safety compared to their japanese counterparts. You will do fine with your commuting and weekend trips. They are not suitable for off-roading. Service from Al Tayer is excellent, as long you bring it to the Sh Zyaid Rd workshop. We also have an 2008 Expedition and a 2007 Focus in our household and sofar our experiences has been excellent.
busser
Dubai Expat Wannabe

May 20, 2009
thanks!

i will still try to take it off-road (not alone of course) on the small dunes and see how it performs.

thoughts on break-in? they say new cars don't need it, and i am inclined not to as well.
chrisboy
Dubai Forum Visitor

May 31, 2009
New cars do not really require a break-in period. Just avoid high revs (4000rpm and up) for the first 1000km. Otherwise use it like you normally would do.
busser
Dubai Expat Wannabe

is ford explorer a good choice for a 4x4 Aug 12, 2009
am planning to buy a 4x4, some one suggested toyota fj, but al futtaim initially gave me a booking but now tells me no stock....now am looking at ford explorer, would u comment.
praaj
Dubai Forum Guest

posting in Dubai AutoForum Rules

Return to Dubai Auto