Dubai Superbikes

Topic locked
Dubai superbikes Jul 30, 2006
Hey all....
I'm an avid superbike rider. I ride daily to work and enjoy my weekend twisties/track session. Was just wondering how is the superbike scene in Dubai. Cheers.

beaujarle
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jul 31, 2006
You would get klled riding a bike to work here. Even small cars are not advisable.

Lots of weekend activities though
scarlet
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jul 31, 2006
scarlet wrote:You would get klled riding a bike to work here. Even small cars are not advisable.

Lots of weekend activities though

Come on, dude. A small car can be managed if you just stay out of the fast lane. Bikes, well, those courier guys are roadkill. :twisted:
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Jul 31, 2006
I should be in Dubai soo too and would be happy to join you for any weekend rides.

Im planning on buying a 02 R1 or a ZX7R when im there :wink:
KeithL
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jul 31, 2006
KeithL wrote:I should be in Dubai soo too and would be happy to join you for any weekend rides.

Great!!! I plan to get an R6..or even a '04 ZX636. Currently, riding a '02 ZX636,,,its enuf for me incl. of track days. Keep in touch, matey. 8)
beaujarle
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jul 31, 2006
beaujarle wrote:
KeithL wrote:I should be in Dubai soo too and would be happy to join you for any weekend rides.

Great!!! I plan to get an R6..or even a '04 ZX636. Currently, riding a '02 ZX636,,,its enuf for me incl. of track days. Keep in touch, matey. 8)

great to have found some riding company already !

Let me know if you find some good deals on bikes when you get to dubai
KeithL
Dubai Forums Veteran

Aug 04, 2006

If there is any great deal on a GSXR 750 last model I COME AND TAKE IT !!!! (i've just tried it and it's amazing how easy to ride and great engine too - more nervous than a Honda CBR 600...) :D
Lara_CH_73
Dubai Forum Visitor

Aug 04, 2006
Lara_CH_73 wrote:

If there is any great deal on a GSXR 750 last model I COME AND TAKE IT !!!! (i've just tried it and it's amazing how easy to ride and great engine too - more nervous than a Honda CBR 600...) :D

There are so many of the 05 and 06 models Gixxers for sale in the UK but still expensive.

Isnt it true about there being a speed restriction on bikes in Switzerland Lara ??
KeithL
Dubai Forums Veteran

Aug 04, 2006
KeithL wrote:There are so many of the 05 and 06 models Gixxers for sale in the UK but still expensive.

Isnt it true about there being a speed restriction on bikes in Switzerland Lara ??

speed restriction on bikes ? well if i look at the specification of mine, it's an 599 cm3, 84 kW and I dont think there is a restriction on it (only if you are a young driver aged under 25) as I am old enough, no restriction for me :wink:

Not sure if you were also asking for speed limitation on roads, here on the highway it's 120 km/h (impossible to respect it !!! once i've tried at 215 km/h - very badddddd lol) - in town it's 50 km/h (even harder to not be faster)...
Lara_CH_73
Dubai Forum Visitor

Aug 04, 2006
Here in Malaysia, speed limit on the highway is 120 km/h...but if the road is clear.....THE SKY THE LIMIT!!!! :twisted:
I've done 230 on my 636....but again, how long can you ride on that speed??
beaujarle
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Aug 12, 2006
Just bought myself a Honda SP1 so i will let you know what its like in a couple of weeks
mutt
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Aug 12, 2006
mutt wrote:Just bought myself a Honda SP1 so i will let you know what its like in a couple of weeks

congratulations !...fab bike except for a rather low fuel average... but that doesnt matter in dubai does it ??

I hope you're fitting some nice Twin Brother exhausts on that beauty
KeithL
Dubai Forums Veteran

Dec 19, 2006
wow, not many posts inthe bikerscene then?

well i have a ducati 750ss in the uk, i dodnt bring it with me as the roads are too bad for me.

id like to get a bike here, but id need an e stamped one as id probably buy new, then take it to the uk in a year ortwo
dave101
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Dec 19, 2006
dave101 wrote:wow, not many posts inthe bikerscene then?

well i have a ducati 750ss in the uk, i dodnt bring it with me as the roads are too bad for me.

id like to get a bike here, but id need an e stamped one as id probably buy new, then take it to the uk in a year ortwo

Guess not many bikers around.... :cry:
beaujarle
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Dec 21, 2006
I am a lawyer who lives in Italy and I love motorcycles and races.
Now I ave got a beautiful Triumph speed triple 955, and sometimes I have session on track.
I am surprised that in Dubai there are no important motorcycles events, as Quatar or Bahrain, although in U.A.E. money don't miss.
Bye! Nicolò
nicop74
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Dec 21, 2006
For beaujarle: Find me A Petronas FP1 superbike for sale! Thank you. :lol:
Nicolò.
nicop74
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Dec 22, 2006
nicop74 wrote:For beaujarle: Find me A Petronas FP1 superbike for sale! Thank you. :lol:
Nicolò.

hahahah.....lucky to get 1 for sale!!!!!
beaujarle
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Dec 22, 2006
More than 6 monthes ago, I asked to Petronas the avaliabitlity of FP1.
They told me that FP1 is avaliable for about Euros 90.000.
The distributor is in Malaysia, but no sale. :cry:
BYe.
Nicolò
nicop74
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Dec 24, 2006
nicop74 wrote:I am a lawyer who lives in Italy and I love motorcycles and races.
Now I ave got a beautiful Triumph speed triple 955, and sometimes I have session on track.
I am surprised that in Dubai there are no important motorcycles events, as Quatar or Bahrain, although in U.A.E. money don't miss.
Bye! Nicolò

Hey Nicop!!! We did have races last month at the dubai autodrome!!!

Where are u currently dubai?? Well if you are in Dubai maybe we could catch a ride sometime!!!!
devilsdiciple
Dubai Expat Helper

Dec 25, 2006
devilsdiciple wrote:
nicop74 wrote:I am a lawyer who lives in Italy and I love motorcycles and races.
Bye! Nicolò

Hey Nicop!!! We did have races last month at the dubai autodrome!!!

Where are u currently dubai?? Well if you are in Dubai maybe we could catch a ride sometime!!!!

where abouts are you based DD and what bike are you riding >>?
KeithL
Dubai Forums Veteran

Dec 26, 2006
Springs and a 600RR stock lot!!!
devilsdiciple
Dubai Expat Helper

Dec 26, 2006
devilsdiciple wrote:Springs and a 600RR stock lot!!!

Thats great, I;ve been looking at a couple of 1000RR's in the papers these days but havent managed to find anything right
KeithL
Dubai Forums Veteran

Dec 27, 2006
G8...Have you tried out Motorcycle City, Raceworld?? Motorcycle City I believe last week had quite a few bike for sale.
devilsdiciple
Dubai Expat Helper

Dec 27, 2006
I am sorry but currently I am not in Dubai or U.A.E., I live and work in Italy, in a town Savona close to Genoa.
My bike is a Speed triple (Triumph) the Tom Cruise's one in "Mission Impossible" movie.
Any way I think that is strange that U.a.e. sponsors don't help any team in moto gp or world superbike championship.
Bye.
nicolò-
nicop74
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Dec 28, 2006
hey..we're moving to Dubai Jan 14 (from Oz), my +1 is a massive bike fan..and just recently sold his Ducati 998! :cry:
Fingers crossed he'll get another two wheeled toy once we're settled in, but Im sure he'd love to catch up with you lads for a ride...

also, do they have track days at the Autodrome??
DeeDee
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Dec 28, 2006
Yup!!Generally its over the weekend!!!Catch you once you are here!!!
devilsdiciple
Dubai Expat Helper

Jan 02, 2007
Hey all.

Im just a temporary visitor with 8 days left here in Sharjah currently and im starting to feel that there's a limit to things to do. So, I was wondering a little about rentingt a superbike maybe, and about the rules for doing so as I am only 19 (but I do have license for motorbike in Sweden) and if theres a suggestion of prices.

Thanks in advance
umiSs
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Jan 02, 2007
umiSs wrote:Hey all.

Im just a temporary visitor with 8 days left here in Sharjah currently and im starting to feel that there's a limit to things to do. So, I was wondering a little about rentingt a superbike maybe, and about the rules for doing so as I am only 19 (but I do have license for motorbike in Sweden) and if theres a suggestion of prices.

Thanks in advance

A simple search 10 or so topics down from this would have goten you this!
http://www.dubaiforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=15217
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

posting in Dubai AutoForum Rules

Return to Dubai Auto