My BMW 316...Any Hope...

Topic locked
My BMW 316...Any Hope... Jul 18, 2006
Well firstly hello to all,
Jus joined DF, Only use the Auto Section,
Damn nice work guys learnt a few things here n thr...thinkin of joinin a garage n working to know really what the hell happens in a car practically... :?
Anyways gettin to the point, I have a bloody old BMW 316 I'm thinkin of upgrading it...Engine mainly...to give it a bit more power into this outdated machinery...Any suggestions guys :?:
I am also having a small part of me thinkin of sellin this and buyin some other car...but i guess wont be gettin a lot of money maybe abt AED7-8K...
Would appreciate ur help...
Thanks in advance... :)

Sats
Dubai Forum Guest

Jul 18, 2006
HI and welcome. Are we talking of an E30 OR E36?
If E30 I used to have a 316 with webbers and KandN. I was 17 and loved it. I also had a 4"peco exaust. I thought I was the Dady. Unfortuantly theres not much you can do to the 316 on a budget.
watkinssound
Dubai Forums Member

Jul 18, 2006
well, if you got the cash, which you must have to want to modify your car, then suggest you sell ya "old banger" and put that towards buying something that is newer and perhaps Jap manufacturer i.e. Honda/Nissan and may be a better platform for you to mod off.
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Jul 19, 2006
watkinssound wrote:Are we talking of an E30 OR E36?

Well its a E36 Image LOOKS SOMETHING SIMILIAR TO THIS IN DIS PIC
*Hope the pic is seen* :?
So...Any suggestions on Engine upgrade...??? :?
Anyways as yorky suggested to sell the ride...Nah i don think so...
I would probably get a few bucks on it, it aint worth shit...
And frankly its starting to grow on me...Like to drive it around...
Jus wanna see it go a faster... :twisted:
P.S.Excuse my ignorance but with webbers are u refferring to the carbeurator...if yes which type would you suggest...I think a dohc will b good...will it fit my ride...
Sats
Dubai Forum Guest

Jul 19, 2006
I would have to say that from a 316 platform, you will not see too many gains for the amount of money you may have to invest.

Have you thought about installing NOS?
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Jul 19, 2006
FFS, save your time and money.

What is the point in pouring more money than what it's worth? You're going to end up with something with no reliability nor value.

Be content with what the car does - speed is overated.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 19, 2006
Hey,
Ya now i am really thinking of selling this now...
It really doesnt show me any future... :(
Anyways thanks a lot guys :wink: ...Will have to dig deeper and think what to do...
P.S. Yorky What abt ur 2nd Girl...How mcuh do i have to pay for her... :D
*The 350Z*Love those Nissan 350z's except a few things...anyways...take care guys...
Sats
Dubai Forum Guest

Jul 19, 2006
Matey,

you can have her for anywhere between Dhs120-125K. Only got 22000km on the clock and much loved.
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Jul 19, 2006
yorky500 wrote:Matey,

you can have her for anywhere between Dhs120-125K. Only got 22000km on the clock and much loved.

Why are you selling her yorky ?
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 19, 2006
to be honest, surplus to requirements, as much as I love and cherish the car, I do not need 3 cars for 2 people.
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Jul 21, 2006
.S.Excuse my ignorance but with webbers are u refferring to the carbeurator...if yes which type would you suggest...I think a dohc will b good...will it fit my ride...

Dirsregard Webber idea will be very dificult to convert your M40 derived engine on your E36 to carbs as it was specifically designed for fuel injection. You will get no gains at all. My conversion was on a car from 1985.
Belive it or not I have seen in some German Tuning mags these cars with blowers attached. Thats quite scary me thinks.
watkinssound
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Dubai AutoForum Rules

Return to Dubai Auto