Topic locked
Bikers weekend ! Oct 27, 2008
How would you define a bikers weekend ?
1. A Motorbike ride
2. Beer
3. Exotic food
4....?
5.... ?

I think unlike Bangalore or further south india, there are not much scenic spots near Delhi where you can chillout in a 50 km ride and be back. I did a short 100km ride on the Delhi-Gurgaon Xpresway !
Some snaps below of my bikers weekend last Saturday.

http://tinyurl.com/bikersweekend

Cheers n Wish you all a Happy Diwali !

Papparazziiii

Papparazzzi
Dubai Forums Member

Oct 27, 2008
Hmmm

A fast bike
Long twisty country roads
Beer! (after the biking!)
Good friends
Nice weather
zloog
Dubai Forum Visitor

Oct 28, 2008
^everything above minus alcohol for me lol..
Waqsy
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Oct 28, 2008
Twisties, lots and lots of twisties. A272 across southern England from Petersfield to Uckfield.

Sun soaked Sunday and home for a BBQ in the afternoon.

Aaaahhh, I shall miss that.
seardarren
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Oct 30, 2008
Rolling Thunder with 1000 other Harleys across the 2 Severn River bridges, joshing with the motorcycle cops, having an ox roast and a shandy, getting home tired and chilled to the bone.

Alternatively, packing the bike with the portable house, taking off with no destination agenda, stopping when it starts to get dark, pitching camp, getting a brew on, firing up the barbie and having a laugh with some good mates.

Can be done solo.

:D :D :D

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Nov 08, 2008
Friendship!!

Adventure, freedom, curves, and fun fun fun fun.

I am in Dubai for 2 weeks now, I am deeply missing bike rides...
I don't know where I can find the appropriated places, forums etc...
If anyone of you can help me, thanks :D

Violette
Ziluolan
Dubai Forum Guest

Nov 10, 2008
Somebody needs to organise this..
Waqsy
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Nov 11, 2008
There are clubs who organise ride outs. I will get the info and post it here.

:D :D :D

Knight
Dubai Knight

Nov 16, 2008
I would love to get back on a bike, but would be seriously worried about the constant lane changing. There are no rules, left, right, wherever there's a space.

All it takes is someone in a hummer to miss his blind spot and Bam!
seardarren
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Nov 16, 2008
seardarren wrote:I would love to get back on a bike, but would be seriously worried about the constant lane changing. There are no rules, left, right, wherever there's a space.

All it takes is someone in a hummer to miss his blind spot and Bam!

You have to ride defensively, keep using those lifesavers and expect the unexpected. I used to get cramp in my fingers hovering over the brake handle when riding through traffic!

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight

Nov 17, 2008
Its funny, but as i get older I see the attraction of Harleys et al more and more. I always said I would never have one. Now I say never say never.

I know the lane changing is manageable. But I'm just not sure I would get the same pleasure as I did back in the UK.
seardarren
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Nov 17, 2008
seardarren wrote:Its funny, but as i get older I see the attraction of Harleys et al more and more. I always said I would never have one. Now I say never say never.

I know the lane changing is manageable. But I'm just not sure I would get the same pleasure as I did back in the UK.

A Harley is a good bet over here. Get the Screamin' Eagle exhaust conversion as 'Loud Pipes Save Lives' so they know you are there.

Once you get outside Dubai there is some beautiful riding country to be explored.

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight

Biking Nov 19, 2008
If anybody has a bike and feels all alone and sad and has no clue where to go to find some excellent twisties may i suggest that you make your way to the Epco petrol station opposit the dragon mall on nearly any Friday morning between 07.00 to 08.00 you will find many bikers about to blow the cobwebs away.

There is a site where these ride outs are planned but being a newbie here i dont want to piss anybody off (just yet) by posting it,however if i am allowed to i will.
busa
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Biking Nov 19, 2008
busa wrote:If anybody has a bike and feels all alone and sad and has no clue where to go to find some excellent twisties may i suggest that you make your way to the Epco petrol station opposit the dragon mall on nearly any Friday morning between 07.00 to 08.00 you will find many bikers about to blow the cobwebs away.

There is a site where these ride outs are planned but being a newbie here i dont want to piss anybody off (just yet) by posting it,however if i am allowed to i will.

Post the info! Saves me doing it!

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight

Nov 19, 2008
cant do it mate says that i aint allowed to but if you add GULF and PETROL and HEADS together then press search you might find all the information you need
busa
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 19, 2008
lemme help it out...

www.dubaipetrolheads.com
sharfraz
Dubai chat master

Nov 21, 2008
^thanks bro

Was looking for something like that.
Waqsy
Dubai Forums Frequenter