Audi Quattro

Topic locked
Audi Quattro Jun 13, 2006
Hi Guys, I am a big Audi fan and have just moved here two weeks ago. I have an Audi A4 Quattro in the UK and it was the best car I ever had. I was thinking of getting a similar car or even an RS4 if I can find one but was wondering how the tyres handle the heat here? Is there anything I should tak einto consideration? any good recommendations to purchase 1 year old Audi's? any info would be appreciated.

T

tdot
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jun 13, 2006
Hi tdot..

For the most peace of mind, I would recommend first visiting the Audi dealer and checking their used cars. Another option is the Al Futtaim Automall or 4x4 motors, both of which have online lists of available vehicles. These dealers guarantee the cars they sell, and that is a huge load off your shoulders.

When shopping for a luxury car, especially German, in the open market, you will come across many that have been imported from the USA and Japan. These cars are not up to Gulf specifications, and you only end up losing money on them. If the car has GCC specifications, you need not worry about especially stuff like the AC, tires etc. These are all suitable for conditions here.

Ultimately, a performance/luxury car depreciates faster than almost anything else, so if you buy one- unless you sell it soon with the odometer still at a decent number- be prepared for low offers.

If you've found a car that is being sold directly by the owner, they should allow you to leave the car at the dealer's workshop for a thorough check. Normally, the one who wants to buy would pay for this. If you even think that this car is imported, you can get the vehicle's VIN number and do an online search. There is a small charge for this too.

Smaller checks can be done at any Government testing centres (where you get cars registered etc). It won't be as thorough as an agency check, but will point out glaring problems.

Have fun car shopping!
avkurian
Dubai Forums Member

Jun 13, 2006
Avkurian, thanks for the reply!! I went to the Audi dealership today and yes they have an RS4!!!! however its red :( plus it only has 500KM on it so its priced as new..... I wanted to find a one year old so that most of the depreciation would have been gone. Thanks for the tip on Gulf specifications, this is the info I was looking for......

Thanks.
tdot
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jun 13, 2006
tdot wrote:I wanted to find a one year old so that most of the depreciation would have been gone. Thanks for the tip on Gulf specifications, this is the info I was looking for......

Thanks.

Even at one year old you're only saving 10-15% on a good condition RS4 - rare as hen's teeth.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 26, 2006
XRW-147 wrote:
tdot wrote:I wanted to find a one year old so that most of the depreciation would have been gone. Thanks for the tip on Gulf specifications, this is the info I was looking for......

Thanks.

Even at one year old you're only saving 10-15% on a good condition RS4 - rare as hen's teeth.

There is a pile of them sitting at the Autodrome

On the tyres - just keep an eye on them plus your spare ... heat + humidity does terrible stuff to rubber
Cargirl
Dubai forums Addict

Jun 26, 2006
Cargirl wrote:There is a pile of them sitting at the Autodrome

Rare as hen's teeth in reference to finding a good condition one yo RS4 for sale :wink:
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 30, 2006
Sounds a bit obvious really but make sure you are buying an RS4 as I have seen quite a few badged and kitted evn had decalls inside and the correct seats but were infact high end A4'S Rebadged. Why you would do this beats the sausages out of me as you will loose value and resale ability on the A4 as its not stock. I love RS4's and especially the tourer. Red is not a bad colour Audi paint does seem quite good in the heat. It may be a few years before it turns pink.
watkinssound
Dubai Forums Member

Jul 02, 2006
Watto, all you have to do is look under the bonnet to tell the difference.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 05, 2006
Wow, people re-badge an A4 to an RS4? How sad. As XRW-147 says, if you look under the bonnet "or" test drive it you will notice the difference between an RS4 and an A4. I had an A4 Quattro for 3 years in the UK before I came here and I thoroughly enjoyed the car. The A4 that's at the Audi dealership in Dubai is going for £44K so its slightly cheaper then in the UK. But I have been here for a month and see the way the people drive here and think with an RS4 i'll probably get killed :-( I guess I'll stick to German engineering and go with a VW Toureg or something.......
tdot
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jul 05, 2006
tdot wrote:I guess I'll stick to German engineering and go with a VW Toureg or something.......

Good idea, because there aren't enough SUVs on the road yet. Especially those with massive torque, I mean, there's nothing quite like 2 tons of steel ploughing through traffic at 160 kph.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jul 05, 2006
I hope you're kidding because there are tons of SUV's........ I guess to surive you gotta join 'em..
tdot
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jul 05, 2006
tdot wrote:I guess to surive you gotta join 'em..

The day I succumb to this notion, that I somehow have to copy everyone else to fit in, will be my last.
^ian^

Jul 05, 2006
true; what kind of car do you drive anyways?
tdot
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jul 05, 2006
tdot wrote:true; what kind of car do you drive anyways?

1973 Datsun/Nissan Sunny.
^ian^

Jul 05, 2006
Hope you added some "go faster" stripes to it as well! hahahahahahaha
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Jul 05, 2006
...and some Carlos Fandango WIIIIIDE wheels!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Jul 05, 2006
hey yorkie

i'm turning japanese , i'm turning japanese , i really think so

da da da

that was a cool record from the 80's
arniegang

Jul 05, 2006
It certainly bloody well was. Superb song.
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

posting in Dubai AutoForum Rules

Return to Dubai Auto