Are Clear Tints Allowed On The Front Windscreen

Topic locked
Are clear tints allowed on the front windscreen Jan 17, 2009
Hello all!

About to get a car tinted and have been told that not even clear tints are allowed on the front windscreen... (but back is ok)

told the showroom that doesn't make sense since most of the heat enters through the WS; they agree with me but say that Dubai Police stop would fine me AED 2,000 , rip off the tint (even 100% clear tints..ie. with no loss of light) and might impound my car (like they have to someone they know) if I am stopped and found to have tints on the front.

anyone know anything about this?

MNK78
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Are clear tints allowed on the front windscreen Jan 17, 2009
MNK78 wrote:clear tints

Sounds like an oxymoron to me.

If you don't like what the tint workshop tells you, try a different one. You can usually find someone to do what you want in Dubai. That principle probably won't apply so well if a policeman stops you though.
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jan 18, 2009
clear tints on the front are fine .. the ones that are technically invisible but they do block tint ...

chek wid 3m, vkool, neone .. they all will say the tint on the front windscreen are fine ..
icecube
Dubai Forum Visitor

Feb 05, 2009
as far as i am concerned, clear tints are 100% fine. go for 3m or vkool they do a good job
g55amg
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: Are clear tints allowed on the front windscreen Mar 14, 2010
Hi,

We are authorized dealers for 3M Window Film. As rules and regulations regarding window tint tend to fluctuate from time to time, it is best to check for technical details before you get your car tinted.

Please visit us on our website, http://www.autocare.ae and you can contact the outlet closest to you, one of our sales reps would be happy to assist you!

Thanks!
SQ
Dubai Forum Visitor

posting in Dubai AutoForum Rules

Return to Dubai Auto