Moving My One Man Internet Business To Dubai

Topic locked
Moving My One Man Internet Business to Dubai Mar 23, 2011
Hi All,

I've been thinking about purchasing an apartment from Dubai (probably from Jumeirah beach residence) where I would spend probably 3-4 months every year.

I was wondering whether it makes sense to move my business to Dubai. I work for myself in a one man company. My job is to run websites which I own and I live on the advertising revenues generated by those sites. Basicly I can work from anywhere where is internet connection.
I've been searching for hours trying to find actual stories of people moving their business over there but couldn't find any.
I've been reading about the different free trade zones like Dubai Internet City but haven't become much wiser.

So is there anybody who knows about this stuff? Does it make sense to move my company. What are the tax implications.
Is it perfectly legal to have my company in Dubai eventhough I'm still a resident of Finland.

And of course I'm also interested in how to actually run the company over there. Do I have to get accountant and how much bureaucracy is over there.

JokMie
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Re: Moving My One Man Internet Business to Dubai Mar 24, 2011
http://www.dubaided.gov.ae/English/Pages/default.aspx

You'll find most of what you're looking for here, although to remain 100% owner of your business venture in the UAE, registration through a Free Zone is your only real alternative, rules and regulations remain the same.

My only concern with running such a business as you describe would be unhindered access to your portfolio as all internet traffic is routed via government controlled proxy servers and the government here restrict access to Internet sites that conflict with the Access Management Regulatory Policy. Yes there are ways around this but no guarantees you will be able to exploit these loopholes tomorrow.

Regards
Dillon
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

posting in Dubai Business TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Business Talk