Looking To Confirm A Dubai Business Location

Topic locked
Looking to confirm a Dubai business location Feb 02, 2008
Hello
I am trying to confirm if a business I have been communicating with is actually in Dubai as they claim. If someone has a way to confirm the presence of a business based on their address and/or phone number, please let me know. I have both of these for this business, however I suspect that this business is not actually operating in Dubai as they claim.
Thank you

lparsons
Dubai Forum Guest

Feb 05, 2008
try www.yellowpages.ae

Otherwsie,

Ask for a copy of their trade license
hamadl
Dubai Forums Talker

Feb 05, 2008
Any reason why you didn't post the address and tel number? Sometimes it's easy for residents to spot the fake ones.
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Feb 15, 2008
The only reason why I didn't post it initially was just to protect them in case they should actually exist where they claim to.
They state their address as
Sikkat- Al- Khail Street, Near Gold Souq,

Dubai, Dubai

AE 4186

And their telephone number as
91-2226601170

I wanted to protect anyone who may be innocent, though I am having an increasingly harder time believing there to be any innocence in that company anymore.
Anyone who can confirm or refute this address as corresponding to an active business called "Mouzz", please let me know.
lparsons
Dubai Forum Guest

Feb 15, 2008
lparsons wrote:The only reason why I didn't post it initially was just to protect them in case they should actually exist where they claim to.

91-2226601170

That's fair enough. But those details are immediately recognisable as either errors or fake. The obvious one is the incorrect country code for the UAE telephone number. There are other errors but I'd rather not say because I don't like to help con artists fix their mistakes - and they often find internet postings about themselves.
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Feb 26, 2008
bonk wrote:
lparsons wrote:The only reason why I didn't post it initially was just to protect them in case they should actually exist where they claim to.

91-2226601170

That's fair enough. But those details are immediately recognisable as either errors or fake. The obvious one is the incorrect country code for the UAE telephone number. There are other errors but I'd rather not say because I don't like to help con artists fix their mistakes - and they often find internet postings about themselves.

Thank you for your response to this. I suspected all along that this company was bogus. They are in business as an internet registrar (that is, they sell internet domains). In particular, they have done a lot of business with a certain Mr. Leo Kuvayev, who is one of the world's most wanted spammers.

Could you do me a quick favor and fill out the registrar complaint form at internic to tell them the errors in the data:
http://reports.internic.net/cgi/registrars/problem-report.cgi

Your cooperation would be much appreciated in the fight against international spam and organized crime.

thank you
lparsons
Dubai Forum Guest

posting in Dubai Business TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Business Talk