Villa Purchase Inquiry

Topic locked
Villa purchase inquiry Jan 21, 2012
hi,

I am currently looking to purchase a villa in dubai and was wondering if anyone could provide me with some educated advise,inteligence regarding the current status of the housing market as it stands.Whilst i am of course aware of the dire economic flu that is now almost a given in most of the modern world at the moment i was hoping that i may take advantage of this situation ,ie lower construction costs ,over supply ,etc,etc and purchase a villa at an attractive rate (which appears to 55%-60% below its peak).
I am particularly interested in the "shell & core " phenomenom that is now actively used across the emirate and was wondering can anyone advise to the pro's and con's of the same .

Also i am particularlly interested in the following places;

1. Arabian Ranches
2. Al Barsha
3. Jumeriah Islands
4. Al Barari
5. The villa project

I would be very much appreciate advise on any of the above.

Mant thanks

Meade
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: Villa Purchase Inquiry Jan 22, 2012
I would suggest looking to purchase somewhere else other than the UAE. Quality of construction is crap (villas in Arabian Ranches have been showing signs of deterioration), extra costs annually, rules and regulations, and the market isn't going to improve much where the value of your purchase is concerned.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Dear Bora,

thanks for that reply,i respect your honesty-candor on the subject.Of course if you have any more thoughts in the future i will listen to your counsel.

thanks

m
Meade
Dubai Forum Visitor

i think the prices have gone up again in Dubai! I would say wait because 2nd recession should hit Dubai soon and you will be able to pick up good deals!
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

thanks rudeboy,

if you have any further thoughts on the same or see anything else you feel appropiate to the question please contact me again i really appreciate your in-put.

mnay thanks

m
Meade
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: Villa Purchase Inquiry Jan 23, 2012
Just curious: why are you looking to purchase in Dubai?? Is that where you have set your sights or is it just one of a few considerations?
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: Villa purchase inquiry Jan 23, 2012
i think its something to do with tax ;)
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Villa Purchase Inquiry Jan 23, 2012
Bora Bora ,

Thanks for reply.

My interest in dubai and in fact the middle east in general stems from my childhood when we lived in saudi arabia for a few years ,since then i have always saught a reason to get back .I am a property developer in ireland (please no jokes ) and feel that the current dire economic climate will of course pass due to the circuitious nature of housing booms.Of course i would like to be around in or before the next up-swing occurs (if at-all) but that is of secondary concern to me as i love the country and the people anyway.

kind regards

--- Jan 23, 2012 ---

rudeboy ,

Your a legend.lol...........You dont mess around do you!!!!!!!!!!!!! i bet you can "hear the grass grow as well ".
Meade
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: Villa Purchase Inquiry Jan 24, 2012
1. Arabian Ranches: well established with good facilities. prices there rose between 10-20% over 2011.
Motor City and Sports City are nearby albiet incomplete projects but also with stronger than average demand and ticking along.
The Green Community another in the same category, but about the furtherest out of town.
2. Al Barsha: No freehold villas here that I know of. Or do you mean nearby Emirates Hills? Another well established popular EMAAR community with good facilities. Closest project to town.
Emirates Hills includes, in order of increasing prices, The Springs, The Lakes, Meadows and Emirates Hills itself.
3. Jumeriah Islands: Slightly higher end than 1 & 2. Next door to Emirates Hills. Not really on the radar for most at the moment. Might get a good bargain.
4. Al Barari: Boutique project. Limited market.
Jumeirah Golf Estates is in the same category but probably a better bet.
5. The villa project: popular for rentals, because of its value for money. Although more isolated than the rest and along with nearby Falcon City will not have any nearby amenities for the foreseeable future.
benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

benwj ,

Absolute quality.

Thats exactly what i was looking for---love the forensicallity .

kind regards
Meade
Dubai Forum Visitor

i would recommend the springs, its a developed community and right on SZR.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Villa Purchase Inquiry Jan 25, 2012
Dear rude,

thanks mate--keep me informed
Meade
Dubai Forum Visitor

Have a look at The Palm also. Nothing like it anywhere else in the world, which has to be a good thing.
benwj

benwj ,

Thanks mate.

Yeah it looks unbelieveable.Is there any avaialable properties available that are not on the secondary market ie ,direct from the builder
Meade
Dubai Forum Visitor

Meade , I have a friend who is just moving out of the Villas in Dubai Land. He only rented but he reckoned that his villa was selling at 5m when it was first built but they were going for under a million now. He's leaving to come back to the UK. I'm not sure how true that is but if it is that's cheap! He has a pool and a lovely garden. Well not so lovely now as he has ripped up his decking as the LL wouldn't give him any money for it. :P

I spoke to a new neighbour of mine who had bought a studio at JBR for dhs800,000. That makes the villa seem reasonable but may have something to do with the area. JBR is on the beach and Dubai land is in the sticks.
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Villa Purchase Inquiry Jan 26, 2012
thanks bethsmum,

I heard that things were bad and yes i am looking for a bargain so your advise is very welcome.Please fee free to contac me if you think of anything else.

m
Meade
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: Villa Purchase Inquiry Jan 28, 2012
benwj , The Palm? Oh god no! With all the hassle Nakheel are throwing at people, the palce will be empty very shortly.

--- Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:24 am ---

Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Villa Purchase Inquiry Jan 28, 2012
Chocoholic ,

Fantastic.You will proably have seen from my replys i am continually picking up inteligence and i am using this to compile a "finger print" prior to my purchase.So fantastic...Out of curiousity, Are the proablems really that bad on the palm.Of course you proably have guessed my head is spinning ..I heard through the media that there was nearly blood on the streets after gargantuam bills were issued for the air-conditioning and further there has been disputes regarding "snagging"problems (small defects in the works after completion).Is this reliable???

kind regards
Meade
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: Villa Purchase Inquiry Jan 29, 2012
Chocoholic wrote:benwj , The Palm? Oh god no! With all the hassle Nakheel are throwing at people, the palce will be empty very shortly.

Are you sure? The problems on the Palm are no different to the problems that have developed within every community in Dubai, dependant on District Cooling and the way in which the Service Charges are distributed between the owners, I'm sure they will eventually get resolved just as every other has. I have heard nothing of the mass exodus from the palm you speak of.
Dillon

Re: Villa Purchase Inquiry Jan 29, 2012
Dillon ,

Once again,thanks for your informed opinion.It is very important to me to get everyones view and while i am of course trying to balance the very wide spectrum of thought given the diversity of the replys it is none the less extremy valuable as i will be making(hopefully)a significant investment in dubai that hopefully will be of some "legacy" value in the future.Notwithstanding ,all that i would expect you to further your opinion on the matter.

kind regards

m
Meade
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: Villa Purchase Inquiry May 16, 2012
I want to invest some money in purchasing Villas and Appartment then in which State or city do I invest and in what? Villas or Appartment? What would it cost me to buy.
Brynnae
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: Villa Purchase Inquiry Jul 16, 2012
You can checkout this website, http://uae.me/bizemirates its a uae based classified website, not only classified, but here you can also search property dealers and contact them by phone or email. They can help you buy the best property in uae.
UAEBizemirates
Dubai Forums Member

Re: Villa Purchase Inquiry Jul 17, 2012
UAEBizemirates , weren't you banned ocne already for spamming the forum with your adverts?
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Villa Purchase Inquiry Nov 13, 2012
If you will be interested my friend is selling a signature villa on the palm , 5 bed, low number atlantis view....
martika
Dubai Forum User

Re: Villa Purchase Inquiry Jan 07, 2013
Had i been in your place, i would have invested my money in a smaller unit. ( Smaller units are easier to sell/ lease out etc). Otherwise, its a good time to Invest.
Amaryaaldosari
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Accommodation in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Accommodation in Dubai