Villa Or Apartment

Topic locked
Re: Villa Or Apartment Feb 08, 2012
Meade wrote:Sorry bm

No problem. You're right as you can't please all the people all the time. I can never wait to get back to my place in Dubai. I just love it.

Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Bethsmum ,

Also bm,i meant to say thanks for all your input on my post.....i did'nt want you to think that i forgot your input,because i did'nt!!!!!!.....ssssssoooooooooo sorry
Meade
Dubai Forum Visitor

Dont be daft! I have a habit of bigging up Dubai which tends to get on the nerves of others. i speak as i find. Good luck with your decisions!
Bethsmum

Re: Villa Or Apartment Feb 09, 2012
As school choice is goig to be a big factor on where we wil live, ive looked at two schools this week and both look great. Dubai British school and Jumeirah College. Do any of your kids go to either of these schools? if so, is there anything I should know about in particular?
Taffymanc
Dubai Forums Member

Re: Villa Or Apartment Feb 09, 2012
Taffymanc ,

Are you talking to me? I'm presuming so as I said I had kids :D
Well I'm not the best to advise on schools as I'm based in the UK and my place in Dubai is just a holiday home. I do have a couple of friends who sent/send their daughters to the Wellington School opposite the MoE. One has moved hers within the last year to another school which name escapes me, she's 12. She lives near Sports City so it may be nearer home or something.
I will text her and ask if she knows anything about the schools you mentioned. I'll let you know.

BTW can I ask about your user name and the manc bit? Manchester? and if so, red or blue? It may influence if I ever speak to you again :twisted:

--- Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:50 pm ---

Haven't heard from my friend with the 12 year old but spoke to someone else who gave me the following advice.

NB from what I know of Dubai "British" School it is British Indian but is part of a major (cartel) of Schools out here - Taalem. On the other hand Dubai College is seen as much more prestigious because of its location - umm suquiem/jumeirah,  where as the other one is in Springs (a major expat area in "New Dubai") Also important is where she will be living and does she drive? as not all schools have transport. Does she look at expatwoman.com there is lots of info on the education section and also the forum

Hope that helps and if I hear any more I'll let you know.
Bethsmum

Re: Villa Or Apartment Mar 02, 2012
eeehh Villa Marina - this is my dream (((
kakha
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: Villa Or Apartment Mar 02, 2012
Bethsmum , Thanks for the info re schools. My daughter is at present doing tests in the UK for DBS and JC so hopefully she will get accepted by both. They are both coming over in March to have a look at schools.

Am I red or blue..........................I have a tattoo of a red devil in a place only my wife knows about ;)
Taffymanc
Dubai Forums Member

Re: Villa Or Apartment Mar 04, 2012
132k is quite a good budget and will get you some nice accomodation. You can get a nice villa for that, but you also want to look at travel distances - you don't want to be too far from your place of work.
blueshift
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Villa or Apartment Mar 04, 2012
Yes your right 132k is not bad but I have to think of the dreaded water/electricity costs. I have been looking around Arabian Ranches and am very impressed. Of course schools is going to be the deciding factor of where we live.

I have been told the DBS picks up at Arabian Ranches, so fingers crossed my daughter gets in there.
Taffymanc
Dubai Forums Member

Re: Villa Or Apartment Mar 04, 2012
Taffymanc wrote:Am I red or blue..........................I have a tattoo of a red devil in a place only my wife knows about

Oh no.

I'm one of the noisey neighbours. 8)

I've got my fingers crossed for Spurs today, it will take the pressure off a little bit. :D

--- Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:02 pm ---

Taffymanc wrote:I have been told the DBS picks up at Arabian Ranches, so fingers crossed my daughter gets in there.

Good luck. You rarely have trouble getting in to fee paying schools when you are paying the fees.
Bethsmum

Re: Villa Or Apartment Mar 16, 2012
For a family then villa, for a single person apartment
casper021
Dubai Forums Member

Re: Villa Or Apartment Apr 25, 2012
Apartment
sabupeters
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: Villa Or Apartment Apr 29, 2012
very old tread
tenderm
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: Villa Or Apartment May 16, 2012
How we can get villas and appartment on rent? On what terms and conditions and do we need to go for legal aggrement for same? And If I want to purchase villa or appartment then how much it would cost to me and do loans are available on that?
Brynnae
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

posting in Accommodation in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Accommodation in Dubai