Renting A UAE/Dubai Apartment

Topic locked
Renting a UAE/Dubai apartment Dec 09, 2008
How much does it cost to rent a fully furnished apartment with internet access and 2 bedrooms for 1 month?

Is it possible to rent for one month? The location is not very important.
Are there any scams I should look out for?

I'm thinking of visiting Dubai next March and hope to arrange an apartment before I get there.

Thanks for your help.

compevo
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Dec 09, 2008
10-20K maybe. More for a nicer place, less for an out of the way place.

Search for 'Serviced Apartments' in Dubai and email or ring up and ask for the monthly rate.

I wouldn't be too worried about scams if you go to a reputable place, get a quote up front and pay at the end. Besides the scam of the price of course :-)
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

Dec 09, 2008
Thanks, but since I'm not from Dubai how do I know what a good place/company is and whether they are reputable? :(
compevo
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Dec 09, 2008
Just search like I said and see what the website looks like. Also they are usually part of large chains (The Ramee group etc) that have hotels and serviced apartments all over the region so they are not going to rip some guy off 15K.

I would think you would be more likely to be scammed by some private person offering out a flat via the classifieds or craigslist or something, then asking for cash up front before you get here and see the place.

If it's with a big company then you should be safe.
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

Dec 09, 2008
Can I post the names of the companies on these forums and make sure someone knows who they are?

Thanks for the advice again.
compevo
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Dec 10, 2008
look at al faris web site monthly rentals available
bruce1963
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Dec 14, 2008
Better Homes are a reputable company and have short term lets. Emaar have serviced apartments in Dubai Marina (I forget the name of them though), and although might be expensive, should be safe to deal with for a booking. Asteco and Landmark are two other property companies I know of which I would feel safe dealing with. More here about Dubai property agents :).

Captain Australia wrote:Just search like I said and see what the website looks like.

Just going on what a website looks like is not advisable. Scammers website can look surprisingly sophisticated.
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Dec 15, 2008
Better Homes are reputable?! Not at the fees they charge, they're bleedin' well not.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Dec 16, 2008
Well, I didn't say they were cheap :). I don't know what they charge for short term lets but I'd guess most furnished 1 bdrms of a high standard would be around 15k-20k per month, and 2 bdrms maybe 20k-25k.
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

posting in Accommodation in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Accommodation in Dubai