Renting In The Gardens?

Topic locked
Renting in the Gardens? Mar 15, 2006
Is there anyway that I could rent a 2 bedroom appartement in the Gardens within this year & not wait for the "1000" on the waiting list :!:
Cheers..

alkhwaea
Dubai Forums Member

Mar 16, 2006
Yes, you will need to find someone moving out of the Gardens who will rent it to you under his/her name..That's the only way..
Good luck!
sleepless.in.dubai
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Mar 18, 2006
sleepless.in.dubai wrote:Yes, you will need to find someone moving out of the Gardens who will rent it to you under his/her name..That's the only way..
Good luck!

Lol yeah :P

There isnt even a waiting list! :shock: Its useless...
Defo
Dubai Forums Talker

Mar 19, 2006
Appreciated ur reply.
Regarding 2 rent under "somebody" name:
- Is it safe?
- Can he throw me out (end the contract) any time he wishes?

Cheers...
alkhwaea
Dubai Forums Member

Mar 26, 2006
Any replies from the "Ellite" members out there.
thanks...
alkhwaea
Dubai Forums Member

Mar 26, 2006
I'm not Elite but I'll throw in my two fils, it is all about wasta. Because the Gardens is a pretty nice place and probably one of the only places where you can get a 1 BR for 21k or a 3 for ~45k there are a lot of people trying to get in.

The best case scenario.... Find a person looking to move out, buy their furniture for an exorbitantly high amount, in return they’ll go with you to the management office and say you’ve always been living there (i.e. living together) and now that person is moving and wants to put the lease in your name.

Good luck.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Mar 26, 2006
If there is a list, and there is supposed to be, why do you think you should be able to cut in line in front of others who are waiting patiently on the list for an available flat? Are you special or something?
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Mar 27, 2006
kanelli wrote:If there is a list, and there is supposed to be, why do you think you should be able to cut in line in front of others who are waiting patiently on the list for an available flat? Are you special or something?

Oh dear!!
It seems that u r on "THAT" waiting list & u've been waitin' 4 ages.
God bless u...cheers

fayz wrote:I'm not Elite but I'll throw in my two fils, it is all about wasta. Because the Gardens is a pretty nice place and probably one of the only places where you can get a 1 BR for 21k or a 3 for ~45k there are a lot of people trying to get in.

The best case scenario.... Find a person looking to move out, buy their furniture for an exorbitantly high amount, in return they’ll go with you to the management office and say you’ve always been living there (i.e. living together) and now that person is moving and wants to put the lease in your name.

Good luck.

Fayz...million thanks...gr8 idea
alkhwaea
Dubai Forums Member

Mar 27, 2006
kanelli wrote:If there is a list, and there is supposed to be, why do you think you should be able to cut in line in front of others who are waiting patiently on the list for an available flat? Are you special or something?

Oh dear!!
It seems that u r on "THAT" waiting list & u've been waitin' 4 ages.
God bless u...cheers

fayz wrote:I'm not Elite but I'll throw in my two fils, it is all about wasta. Because the Gardens is a pretty nice place and probably one of the only places where you can get a 1 BR for 21k or a 3 for ~45k there are a lot of people trying to get in.

Good luck.

Fayz...million thanks...gr8 idea
alkhwaea
Dubai Forums Member

Mar 27, 2006

I do agree, this is a bad practise, sadly this is the only way you get a rent controlled apartment though in Toronto as well.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Mar 27, 2006
fayz wrote:

I do agree, this is a bad practise, sadly this is the only way you get a rent controlled apartment though in Toronto as well.

Or Montreal or most places in the world I would think.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 27, 2006
Nope, I'm not on the waiting list, I have a nice place in a different area. I was just pointing out what should be common sense and common courtesy.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

posting in Accommodation in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Accommodation in Dubai