PROPERTY ADVICE FOR DUBAI

Topic locked
Re: PROPERTY ADVICE FOR DUBAI Dec 20, 2006
dreamin of dubai wrote:Typical annual rental costs are around Dhs 50,000 for an unfurnished apartment

I would say 70,000 is a more accurate figure - and going up monthly at what i have observed, unless of course you don't mind a 4 hour commute everyday.

jabbajabba
Dubai chat master

Dec 20, 2006
ineedacoolnick wrote:
fayz wrote:For those that are willing to give their time, is there a mortgage calculator somewhere online for typical UAE mortgages? I'm trying to figure out what a 2.5 million mortgage would be yearly/monthly.

ADCB.com have a mortgage calculator on there website, BUT it doesn't include all the costs they'll throw on you later - house insurance, life insurance etc.

Also HSBC and NBAD if I'm not wrong have them on their sites.

How it works:
They tell you the amount of mortgage you can take and the tenor based on your income documents, age, company, and liabilities. A salary of about 20,000 dhs without ANY other commitments (car loan, credit card etc) would get you about 2 million or so.
Interest rates vary from between 7.5% - 9% or so from what I know.

If you're really interested in a mortgage, PM me and I'll ask mortgage guys from ADCB and NBAD to give you a call and let you know the exact details.

And ofcourse - buy from Damac Properties - ie - moi! :)

I see now you are giving away a free Jaguar and then a ticket to the draw for a free Executive Jet, you must really be having it tough selling those apartments. :wink:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Dec 20, 2006
sage & onion wrote:
I see now you are giving away a free Jaguar and then a ticket to the draw for a free Executive Jet, you must really be having it tough selling those apartments. :wink:

Well, that's the DSF offer. Many companies offer huge prizes and promos during DSF.
As for finding it tough to sell - honestly I wouldn't know - my office is doing very well (according to the bosses) and we just launched another project last night, so Damac are still going forward. :)
As any company expects, DSF is expected to bring in a huge response!
ineedacoolnick
Dubai forums Addict

Dec 20, 2006
Fayz, Liban - you guys seem pretty sussed. Can't trust the guy from Damac for obvious reasons :evil3:
People here keep saying the property bubble is gonna burst pretty soon. Do you reckon it is safe to buy?
sauron
Dubai Forums Veteran

Dec 20, 2006
dreamin of dubai wrote:

[..]The lower cost property areas of Rashidiya, Mirdif, Al Barsha and Al
Quoz are also becoming increasingly popular with western expatriates
who are looking for reasonably priced accommodation.

Does anyone know how I can find a place that rent places in those areas
in Dubai?

When you write "lower cost", what does the definitation on that means?
Like can you find anything at a price for about 2000 - 2500 dhs a month?

And does those places also ask for one year renting and paying? Isn't
there any available for students just staying there for a while?

Are those places furnished?

Hope anyone can give some answers to anything I just asked!
Burken
Dubai forums Addict

Damac? Dec 21, 2006
Is there a problem with Damac properties?

What about these people?

www.dubaiselect.com
manlivingincrappyengland
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jan 18, 2007
i am a newbie looking for help, so this thread, well the 1st post was useful.

im in a hotel in bur dubai, id like to live in an expat area, but my budget for the year is around 85,000 AED and i want that to include bills, so i guess i'll live in a 'slightly crummy' apartment in karama or somewhere, eitherway i need to find one in the next month!
dave101
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jan 19, 2007
You can likely rent a room in a shared apartment downtown Dubai for 2,000 to 2,500 AED per month.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Jan 19, 2007
dave101 wrote:i am a newbie looking for help, so this thread, well the 1st post was useful.

im in a hotel in bur dubai, id like to live in an expat area, but my budget for the year is around 85,000 AED and i want that to include bills, so i guess i'll live in a 'slightly crummy' apartment in karama or somewhere, eitherway i need to find one in the next month!

you can get a studio in the greens for 70-75K these days, probably cheaper in barsha.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 19, 2007
^^seconded.
mighty.one
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 21, 2007
Hi everybody,

I'm staying in a hotel in Deira since the 17th of January, I'm paying 350 Dhs/night and i can't find any room to rent for at least a month!!!
I keep looking in the newspapers but it's difficult to find something because every ad is asking for a Keralite/Indian/Fillipinos to share a flat.

I'm really dissapointed :(

What shall i do???
Greekman
Dubai Forums Frequenter

posting in Accommodation in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Accommodation in Dubai