1. Rent.
2. Laundry.
3. Petrol.
4. Food.

Brynnae
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: Need Information About Monthly Expenses May 31, 2012
Brynnae ,

What is your budget? People generally work on one. It could cost you very little or could be expensive, and it could be somewhere in between.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Bora Bora wrote:moment
I think I can spent 2000 Dirahmans. Will it suffice?
Brynnae
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Brynnae wrote:I think I can spent 2000 Dirahmans. Will it suffice?

Sure. You can maintain the same lifestyle you currently have.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: Need Information About Monthly Expenses Jun 01, 2012
Bora Bora ,

Thanks for sharing information.
Brynnae
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Brynnae ,

2,000 AED is what, $500 a month? What do you expect to get? You can't even live on $500 a month in East LA.

What you can get is a bed in a room with about 15 laborers.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Bora Bora ,

Thats what I am asking, How much I need to have to live as a average people lives. I am just asking, I can also spent 20K AED also I don't mind, but I am asking so that I can get an idea. Nothing else.
Brynnae
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Brynnae ,

What are the circumstances that you are relocating to Dubai? Will you be setting up your own business or working for a company? Are you single?

You get nothing for 2,000AED.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Bora Bora ,

Its 20000 AED initially and planning to start IT company. So finance planning should be done. So I am just gathering information.
Brynnae
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Brynnae ,

Did you research to find out if Dubai needs another IT company? There are loads of them here.

Depending on your rental contract you are going to have to come up with one year's rent in advance, unless you find an apartment where the LL takes 2 checks (saving the first 6 months to cover the second 6 months). You can probably find a nice studio, definitely a nice one bed. Check dubizzle.com. You will have to buy furniture. You can always buy used furniture as many expats sell theirs off when they leave. You will have to pay for electricity (DEWA), if the kitchen has gas, then you have to purchase a tank every few months (50 AED or so). You will have to get connected to Du or Etisalat for TV/internet. You will also have your monthly mobile expense. Another option is to rent a furnished apartment. There are buildings that have served apartments (cleaning). I'm not sure about utilities, if you pay then or if they are included in the rent.

You will have health insurance coverage under your company, but it will be government. So you will also have the added expense of private health insurance (through your business?).

20,000 AED is doable for a single person and still afford to socialize - it all depends on what kind of lifestyle you are comfortable with.

A social life can be expensive, depending on what you do - eat out, go to clubs, etc. Most apartments come with a washer (some have dryers). Dry cleaning can be expensive. Depending on what you eat, food can be expensive.

You are also going to need a car, which you can rent or buy.

If you do a search on the forum, you may find answers to your questions as there have been a considerable number of threads on people moving to Dubai - start up expenses, annual expenses.

One thing you really need to be aware of is what can happen if you fall into debt and cannot pay it. You need to do your homework on that issue. It's not like the states where you can leave and continue to pay from afar.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: Need Information About Monthly Expenses Jun 04, 2012
Yes, I know that it all depends upon what lifestyle you are adopting. But initially one will not have luxury life-style and even one can't adopt at initial stage.

And another point you mentioned is really very good about Debt. Because there can be risk of debt when you start business.

I would like to thank you very much for taking interest in giving information.
Brynnae
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

posting in Accommodation in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Accommodation in Dubai