Moving To Dubai

Topic locked
Moving to Dubai May 06, 2007
Hi

We are making some progress with our move, but still I have many questions :? , so here goes:

- Property available to rent: Does it tend to be furnished or unfurnished?

- With the actual move, is it best to bring as little as possible, or to pack up everything but the kitchen sink (inc furniture, electrical appliances etc)

- Is it possible to bring pets (we have 2 cats) and if so, what do I need to do?

Once again any help and advice would be much appreciated.

Paula

Paula
Dubai Expat Wannabe

May 10, 2007
Paula

I cannot answer your questions although im also after the same information minus the Cat part :)

Look forward to some answers also
1200det
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: Moving to Dubai May 14, 2007
Paula wrote:Hi

-- snip --
- Property available to rent: Does it tend to be furnished or unfurnished?
- With the actual move, is it best to bring as little as possible, or to pack up everything but the kitchen sink (inc furniture, electrical appliances etc)
-- snip --
Paula

Hi,
You have not state where you work; this really affects your decision on where you want to stay ... From my experience :-

1) Rented property tend to be unfurnished, eg Dubai Marina. However apartments tend to have a furnished kitchen (w/ washing machine, fridge, microwave). Normally the ad will state whether it is fully, semi, or unfurnished.
2) With a family, I guess it is best to pack everything with you. That is because things here tend to be expensive. You are lucky in the sense that the household voltage used in UK and Dubai is the same, ie 220V.

You can bring the furnitures here .. you can reuse. But note that furnitures are easily depensible items .. so it is best to bring your furnitures here, but at a later stage. You still have to guage whether your furnitures can fit into your new accomodation.

Rgds.
dubaiforumuser
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Accommodation in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Accommodation in Dubai