Monthly Rental

Topic locked
Monthly Rental Sep 17, 2006
Is it the norm that all lets are for a year or is there a chance of finding Monthly rental lets - or even striking a deal.

I can afford up to 6-7k a month on a property - but there is no way i can lay out a check for 80k + fees. Would be better off getting a mortgage (if i had that sorta cash).

How have a lot of you folks found this situation - would be grateful if you could share.

jabbajabba
Dubai chat master

Sep 17, 2006
You can negotiate paying it over 3 or 4 payments over the year. Or if they insist on one payment you can ask your company to give you your housing allowance in advance.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 18, 2006
In the current climate you would be lucky as a lucky cat with 9 lives if you get a renatal in 3 or 4 chq's. 2 is the norm, but many landlords are asking for full payt up front.

Most employers are aware that the rent needs to be paid as such and like Maaad correctly says check this with your employer
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Monthly rentals. Sep 18, 2006
Hiya Jabbajabba,
You might want to consider going with someone who is looking at sub letting their apartment. You can then negotiate monthly payments with them. Please contact me on 050 672 4957 as I have some fully furnished apartments in and around Bur Dubai.
Cool C
Dubai Expat Wannabe

posting in Accommodation in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Accommodation in Dubai