International City?

Topic locked
International City? May 14, 2009
Do any of you or have any of you lived there? What are the pros and cons of it? We need to move in July and we would like ot look at apartments there.

It seems that when we went there, we couldn't look at apartments, you need to call agents for each one. (???) Also, we would like to know if there are gyms and swimming pools in the buildings. None of the ads say if the buildings have these.

Another point, I don't have acar but my husband does. How easy is it to get into town by bus or taxi?

Thanks for your help.

natalie8
Dubai Forum Visitor

May 14, 2009
Look somewhere else unless you're desparate to save cash. It smells - sewage plant nearby. No pools or undercover parking (hot cars in summer is the result). Don't know about gyms.

Public transport is improving but from IC you'll be relying on taxis mostly. Expensive. Rent a car instead.

Don't rent apartment before you get here. Find a serviced apartment for a month and look around. If you don't find something you like, rent the serviced apartment for another month. Remember, once you sign up, you're stuck there for a year.
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

May 16, 2009
been living in IC for a year already.

looking to renew my contract for another year. my landlord agreed to drop the annual rent from 42k down to 30k (studio). yep its now a buyer's market out there.

the city is bustling with small cafes and restaurants, along with a couple of Spinneys and local supermarkets inside. lots of gyms (Fitness First just recently opened) around too. the city is very convenient and affordable to live in.

we're all here to make and save the money. if you dont mind the occassional stench around 2-3 times per week then you're good. keep all windows shut and you'll never even know it stinks. they are working to move out the sewage plant somewhere else but have been facing delays as with any other project.

for me IC is one of the cheapest decent places around.
chrisboy
Dubai Forum Visitor

Oct 01, 2009
@chris
I came to know that there are different districts there like russia, spain, italy... which one u recommend in terms of traffic (i work in oud metha road) and that smell problem?
trafficlinq
Dubai Forums Member

Oct 01, 2009
trafficlinq wrote:@chris
I came to know that there are different districts there like russia, spain, italy... which one u recommend in terms of traffic (i work in oud metha road) and that smell problem?

I don't think that any of the districts has an edge in terms of having less traffic. All cars funnel in at the entrance and exits anyway. Once you are in, getting to any district is not a problem.

I also doubt any district is spared from the smell problem when it happens.
chrisboy
Dubai Forum Visitor

posting in Accommodation in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Accommodation in Dubai