Dubai Rental And How You Pay

Topic locked
Dubai rental and how you pay May 20, 2008
Hi,

I am moving to dubai in Oct this year and really am trying to understand how the rental market works over there. I am in london at the moment and we pay by month here with a deposit at the beginning. I have been told that you have to pay a year in advance but how do you get the money to do this. Can anyone help?

Thanks

suziqll
Dubai Forum Guest

Rent May 20, 2008
I rented an apartment a month ago, paid 5% deposit, 5% agent commission and one year's rent in advance. In my case my company advanced me the money, actually wrote a check to the landlord and now they are taking it out of my monthly paycheck. I guess its pretty common in Dubai for your company to deal directly with landlords. Hope this helps.
K-Dog
Dubai Expat Helper

Thankyou -Dubai renting one more question May 21, 2008
Thats great, what you have said makes alot of sense and explains what my company was offerring was exactly what you have stated. I just didnt understand!

One quick other question if i need to buy a car and have no savings but im only staying for a year, then how do people buy second hand cars. I hear they are cheaper and in better condition than in most countries well britain (prob because of the rain) but obviously are still not cheap as a one off payment and obviously it is more difficult to get around without a car

thanks once again for your help its much appreciated
suziqll
Dubai Forum Guest

posting in Accommodation in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Accommodation in Dubai