Coming To Dubai

Topic locked
Coming to Dubai Nov 12, 2007
Hi All

I have just joined as a new member, so Hello to everyone out there.

I will be arriving in Dubai on Saturday 19 November coming over to work in the Hotel Industry.

I have read most posts all the way back to April 07, am i right in saying the best places to live are:

1. the Marina
2. the Greens

I will be based in the Internet City. Oh by the way accommodation wise i do not mind sharing. So if anyone out there has accommodation to share or to rent get in touch. My budget is 6000aed all incl per month.

Can i also ask is traffic as bad as everyone says. I am used to London traffic and thought there can be no traffic worse that there, but looking at your posts Dubai seems worse.

Can anyone tell me is there bit of a social life in Dubai, or is it just work , work , work.

Please pm me with your thoughts or post your thoughts here.

I look forward to hearing from you guys and girls and hopefully become a part of the Dubai family.

Mark

Markyboy37
Dubai Expat Wannabe

accommodation Nov 12, 2007
Dear Mark,
Once u r in Dubai n u cannot get any suitable accommodation immidiately, then just catch a taxi and hop over to my studio apartment n share till u get something suitable and near to ur place of work.
My # is 050-6502489 (+971-50-6502489).
U'd pay Dhs 2000 for 1 month.
Regards,
Raj
rrkk
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Nov 21, 2007
Mark
You'll be able to find some shared accom. easily. Try dubizzle.com. Greens or Marina to Internet City is painless, about 10 mins and you wont experience any traffic. Hire a car, around 1500dhms a month. Good luck!
DeeDee
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Marina / Greens Accommodation ??? Nov 21, 2007
That is true hire a car for Dhs 1500 a months... sounds very sweet.
But, Oh, share accommodation in Marina / Greens ... easier said than done ... those are pretty high rent areas.
Oh !!!! "knock, knock" ... sorry, I forgot ... you Europeans and Americans are highly paid ... and you also need luxuries ... hardly think about saving up money while having a well-paid job in Dubai ... so you guys 'n' gals do not mind paying high rents.
I do not mean to be discriminatory in anyway whatsoever, but this is the general perception. Please do not get hurt by what I have mentioned, if it hurts anyone, I do apologize ... but Hey !!! "knock,knock", Hi, wake up ... tea or coffee ??? You guys 'n' gals have got well paid jobs in Dubai, please live within a budget ... save money ... time once gone, does not come back ... Ooopppssss !!! I just realized, I'm talking too much ... Bye 4 now ... gotta grab a cup of coffee ... NO !!! not capuchino, that's too expensive ... plain nescafe coffee with rainbow milk. Hey wait ... prices of milk to has shot up ... "mom, a black coffee, without milk and without sugar, please"....
rrkk
Dubai Expat Wannabe

I APOLOGIZE FOR RAPPIN' Nov 21, 2007
Sorry, folks, in my previous reply, it was like a rap verse, coz I'm just TOO inspired by Eminem, since many years. My ideas flow out like how Eminem shows out. Infact, outta my previous reply I can actually make a rap. NO, wait, I cannot control, this my tendency to rap, so I'm re-replying to ... oh, no again this is a rap ... Guys'n'gals all this is original of mine, yes I'm putting great English out here ... leaving you guessing whether I'm black or I'm white ... go ahead guess ... there's only 1 way u gonna be right ... u all know my name from an ad. that I did write ...
Oh, no no no, can't control this rap, hey !!! Mr.Eminem u the 1 to blame, all this would've never happened if to your concert I never came ...
Hey ! you users of this forum, u think all this is a game,
I'm neither white or black,
So unlike u all there is nothing I lack,
No, wait I'm Indian,
Most impotant thing I lack,
it's money money money that I lack.
So, here is the impotant thing,
does'nt matter if u black or white,
what matters is the bling bling,
I am a poor Indian, still dreaming of buying atleast a ring.
Hey !!! F___K it all, coz I can rap and sing,
Hey, sorry if I used the "F" word,
Well, umm aahhh, in Eminem's songs also it's heard.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
P.S : I can just rap, rap and rap.
And trust me guys ('n' gals), all this was spontaneous and unplanned, and I was actually singing and rappin' while typin' ... I LOVE EMINEM ... I do not know what more to say .... Thank Jeez, to post this I need not have to pay ...
--------------------------------------------------------------------
rrkk
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: Marina / Greens Accommodation ??? Nov 22, 2007
rrkk wrote:That is true hire a car for Dhs 1500 a months... sounds very sweet.
But, Oh, share accommodation in Marina / Greens ... easier said than done ... those are pretty high rent areas.
Oh !!!! "knock, knock" ... sorry, I forgot ... you Europeans and Americans are highly paid ... and you also need luxuries ... hardly think about saving up money while having a well-paid job in Dubai ... so you guys 'n' gals do not mind paying high rents.
I do not mean to be discriminatory in anyway whatsoever, but this is the general perception. Please do not get hurt by what I have mentioned, if it hurts anyone, I do apologize ... but Hey !!! "knock,knock", Hi, wake up ... tea or coffee ??? You guys 'n' gals have got well paid jobs in Dubai, please live within a budget ... save money ... time once gone, does not come back ... Ooopppssss !!! I just realized, I'm talking too much ... Bye 4 now ... gotta grab a cup of coffee ... NO !!! not capuchino, that's too expensive ... plain nescafe coffee with rainbow milk. Hey wait ... prices of milk to has shot up ... "mom, a black coffee, without milk and without sugar, please"....

Shut up you f**king retard!

MarkyBoy

If you are working in DIC then traffic is not an issue if you live in the Marina. Greens area may give you some traffic.

Nightlife - opposite DIC is a hotel called Meridian Mina Seyah - inside here is a bar outside called Barasti. Great place in this weather and should give you a taste of the expat drinking and social scene.
XPClone
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 22, 2007
Cheers XP Clone

I will take a look at that place.

I really want to get a place in the Marina, had a look at an apartment there last Sunday and it was fantastic, problem was my company would not put the money up because there would be no tenancy agreement as it was a flatshare and that is illegal.

So i am back to square 1, i am now back in the UK just tieing up loose ends and i did not realize how difficult it is to organise accom from here. To be fair you should be in Dubai if you looking for accom in Dubai (if that makes sence lol).

Anyway i look forward to meeting up with all the expats as soon as i arrive.

Mark
Markyboy37
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Nov 23, 2007
Markyboy,
I am moving to dubsi in january and I would like to share a flat in the same area(s). Its bout a month or so after you get ther but if you need some help with the rent let me know.
maximusprime
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Accommodation in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Accommodation in Dubai