Col Break Down For 24 Female Single

Topic locked
col break down for 24 female single Nov 30, 2007
Hi peeps!This forum has been extremely useful to say the very least.I have a better picture of what to expect when I move to Sharjah in 5 weeks.But I do need some help in terms of a clearer picture of cost of living.

I'm a 24 yo fresh graduate female single Malaysian.
I've been hired to work for a bank in Sharjah and will be coming here as an expat on the 5th January 2008.
The company has offered me a total salary of AED12,150.00 which includes housing allowance,living allowance,transportation allowance and W & E allowance. Medical is fully paid by company. Is this enough??

Can someone please help give me the break up expenditures for me?

1. Cost of rental. I'd like to find a small studio or a 1bedroom apartment,fully/semi furnished if possible in Sharjah.

2. Food.I don't really eat a lot and I can cook simple meals but I'd like to go out at least once a week to have meals outside with friends.

3. Bills. (Wireless internet,W & E,Cable,etc).

4. Transportation. I'd like to go to Dubai at least once a week or so to chill out with friends. And since I'll be working and staying in Sharjah would it be better for me to buy a car or take the public transportation?Would it be safe for me to take a cab at night from Sharjah-Dubai-Sharjah?I'm concerned about this because in Malaysia it is highly inadvisable for single/married women to go in a cab at night.

5. Entertainment. I'm a social smoker and drinker but can live without either of them with the exception or maybe 2 3 times a month.

6. Savings. Single most important question- Can I SAVE any money on this kind of salary and lifestyle???I'm planning to set aside AED1,000.00/pm.Is this possible???

HELP!!!!Any kind of helpful comments would be highly appreciated!Or anyone who is willing to show me around when I get there would also live that :D :) :o :lol: 8) :P

nuyu
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: col break down for 24 female single Dec 27, 2007
1. 40k-80k per year.
2. 300-500 dhs per week plus 200 dhs average for meal & drinks going out.
3. 1000 dhs per month depending on how often you call overseas.
4. Taxis usually safe. Don't use illegal ones at night, daytime ok (except for risk of fine).

Sharjah more conservative than Dubai. Combination of single woman, nightclub clothes, after midnight, private (illegal) taxi, drunk (you), in Sharjah could be a problem. But as you'd be likely to be leaving Dubai, take a Dubai taxi and there shouldn't be a problem.

Biggest PITA with living in Sharjah is traffic back and forth to Dubai. Expect to sit in car 1-2 hours each way.

5. Smokes are cheap - 6 dhs per pack. Drinking? 20-30 dhs for most booze (cocktails much more).

6. Yes.

Here's more stuff about Dubai :).
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Re: col break down for 24 female single Dec 27, 2007
double post :oops:
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

posting in Accommodation in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Accommodation in Dubai