Be Careful When Rent A Furnished Appartment

Topic locked
be careful when rent a furnished appartment Nov 21, 2012
Hello all, just thought i'd share this. My friend just moved to a more convenient appartment for her. But the move out was some experience which impressed me. She lived in Zumurud Building Dubai Marina, 1 bd furnished appartment. Per termination notcie the landlords went totally overboard with the demands. I mean we are talking about 15,5 K AED of repairs half of which were inherited from previous tenants....for 15,5 K i believe can do the complete reparis and buy all new furniture.....in reallity I mean when I move in i would hardly pay attention to lil damages at the bottom of a door or minor scratches on walls, those don't even cross my mind normally because it is not really expected to have a whole just out of the store furniture in ideal state and per contract one would kind of expect to have normal wear and tear after all. I mean and it's not that my friend is some wild, rude, rough person or she's having all those parties with Rock-n-Roll bands, throwing their guitars against the wall and lighting her furniture on fire…Bringing in stray dogs and cats and letting them pee on the floor and furniture. lol...but if seriously i guess lesson learned is to inspect every scratch, bump or maybe even make photos of the appartment before the move in? This is sad to deal with people like that but i guess some awareness wouldn't hurt and maybe being a bit more careful :)

stonyc
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Re: Be Careful When Rent A Furnished Appartment Nov 30, 2012
This is very good advice. Before tenancy commences, one should prepare a list counting all the furnishings a landlord is providing you. You wouldn't want them to accuse you of stealing property. And as stonyc mentioned, be sure to check the condition of the apartment and furnishings.
YasmeenaKhalil
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: Be Careful When Rent A Furnished Appartment Mar 12, 2013
THis is true... have faced a similar issue in the past
Raul27
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: be careful when rent a furnished appartment Mar 13, 2013
Hey Stonyc,

I totally understand the menace you must have gone through. Some of my friends here in Dubai have also faced such circumstances and some have also been accused of robbery/stealing. I feel, the best one can do is - GET THEIR OWN FURNITURE, if not all then atleast the NECESSARY FURNITURE because if you have your own furniture, no one is going to question you.

I did the same, got my own furniture!! :D The only problem that I was scared to face was the 'MOVING and PACKING of my furniture.

Luckily, i had friends to guide me, they recommended a company, 'theboxme' and trust me, all my worries were handled by them! 'Theboxme' packed, moved, transported, stored and took the utmost care of by belongings. All my furniture, valuables, important documents were safe :) Lucky, ain't I ? :)

Well, never mind. There is always a next time. In future, make sure you get your furniture and also recommend newbies the same. A good moving and packing company that could help you with this is - theboxme !! And guess what, they are very affordable too :)

Wish you all the best. I hope I could be of some help to someone :)
SanaS
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: Be Careful When Rent A Furnished Appartment May 07, 2013
Good, this is one interesting discussion. :)
malikmudassar
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Accommodation in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Accommodation in Dubai