Apartments In International City.

Topic locked
Apartments in international city. Sep 18, 2006
Hi there,

Can anybody tell me about the apartments at international city ?.

Are they good quality compared to other developments etc.

Would apreciate your help. :?

Freonboy.

Freonboy
Dubai Forum User

Sep 24, 2006
They seem pretty impressive and an excellent investment

Studios are available at around 270000 and one bedrooms at 375000. While most of the projects will be completed by december this year, some parts are expected to be ready next september.
KeithL
Dubai Forums Veteran

Sep 25, 2006
keep in mind there is a huge sweage treatement facility nearby and it stinks. Also most of the inhabitants are of lower income brakets (because of the cheap rent) so they produce there own smells too :)

If your buying for investment then go for it there is a lack of low income housing and these will always be in demand. But if you want to live in it yourself you need to go visit.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 25, 2006
MaaaD wrote:keep in mind there is a huge sweage treatement facility nearby and it stinks. Also most of the inhabitants are of lower income brakets (because of the cheap rent) so they produce there own smells too :)

If your buying for investment then go for it there is a lack of low income housing and these will always be in demand. But if you want to live in it yourself you need to go visit.

Maad i went and had a look and there really wasnt any smell. :?

I checked out a couple of places too and the only habited zone is China... investors from the Dragon Mart complex seemed to have bought places already.

Freonboy, there is a Phase II coming up as well which is a bit away from the sewage treatment...maybe you could invest in that then
KeithL
Dubai Forums Veteran

Sep 25, 2006
Thankyou Very much for your information, Keith L. / Maaad.

Rgards Freonboy :D
Freonboy
Dubai Forum User

Oct 05, 2006
Hi, I bought on International City 2 years ago just before they started building. I have bought a studio in "Persia" and i was out at Dubai on holiday last month and we were taken and shown our apartment. I was very impressed, especially the one-bedroom ones as they even had a small balcony off the bedroom as well as the sitting area. Building work in "Persia" is coming along well and they will hopefully be finished in the next couple of months. And there was definately NO SMELL from the sewrage works. Infact everyone who has been out to see it has said that they never experienced any smells. I don't know if I am allowed to mention other sites on here but there are pages dedicated to International City on Channel4 Homes.Click on to "buying abroad" then you will see a question on International City with pages of questions and answers which should help anyone interested in I.C. Hope that helps.
maryjo
Dubai Forum User

Oct 05, 2006
maryjo wrote:Hi, I bought on International City 2 years ago just before they started building. I have bought a studio in "Persia" and i was out at Dubai on holiday last month and we were taken and shown our apartment. I was very impressed, especially the one-bedroom ones as they even had a small balcony off the bedroom as well as the sitting area. Building work in "Persia" is coming along well and they will hopefully be finished in the next couple of months. And there was definately NO SMELL from the sewrage works. Infact everyone who has been out to see it has said that they never experienced any smells. I don't know if I am allowed to mention other sites on here but there are pages dedicated to International City on Channel4 Homes.Click on to "buying abroad" then you will see a question on International City with pages of questions and answers which should help anyone interested in I.C. Hope that helps.

are you planning on renting this place out Mario or living in it ??

Any idea on what the rent rates are like ?? thanks
KeithL
Dubai Forums Veteran

Oct 06, 2006
Keith, at the moment we have not decided. It is mainly going to be for our own use and lots of family and friends are already asking about going to it, but I suppose if the opportunity arose to rent it out then we probably will. I just absolutely love Dubai and the thought of having our own place to go to whenever we wanted just freally appealed to me and as International City was one of the cheaper options then we went for that. As I said, I was really impressed when we went to see our buildings. Not really sure what the rental prices are like. although there was a reply on the International City forum on channel4 homes website which was from a rental company in Dubai and the rents seemed pretty good.
maryjo
Dubai Forum User

intl city Nov 11, 2006
international city is like the chic no frills version of properties in this super luxury market

its a little far... nxt to dragon mart.. but usually the roads get you there quite fast...

as in to stay there.. its ok.. no great developmetns nearby.. supermarkets, convenience stores, coffee shops around that area will take a while to come up...

as for investment.. its great.. studios are available from AED280,000 onwards depending on how good ur deal is.. and u can rent a studio out for approx AED 35,000 as per the current market rates... which gives you an easy 12.5% return on your investment annualy.. and thats quite good.

International city has a price advantage.. and even in a downmarket.. the studios with lower rentals usually maintain better occupancy as compared to the luxury properties that take a while for buyers and tenants to come along
therjv
Dubai Forums Member

Nov 11, 2006
And the quality of the fittings/fixtures and materials used are CHEAP. Most probably last 5-6 years before it looks like a Council estate!
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

posting in Accommodation in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Accommodation in Dubai