Anybody Live In International City

Topic locked
Anybody live in International City Feb 11, 2007
The rents there seem pretty decent. Is its just a big building site still?

Anyone have an idea of how long it would take to drive to Deira (Rigga Road) in rush hour?

thanks

Rosbif71
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Feb 11, 2007
i won't call it decent decent but its cheaper than staying on SZR!

well its actually ok...the china cluster is complete and occupied. but the quality of the plumbing is pretty bad.. i've got quite a number of leakages from ceiling to kitchen to washing machine pipe. getting it fixed tomorrow and will update you :)

at times when the wind blows towards the area u get a nice aroma from the adjacent sewage treatment plant (my ultimate reason to just rent for a year and not actually buying that place)

but with regards to traffic, i would have to say its one of the better places to be. when going to work, it takes me 20 minutes to get from int. city to city tower 2. when wife has to go to work it takes 20 minutes for her to get to the airport.... and this is during peak hours.

when coming back, there is a bit of traffic on Ras Al Khor (Hatta, Oman) road to the heavy industrial zone....so coming back takes about 40 minutes.

with regards to Deira, its not too bad....i was driving to and fro Sheraton Deira last week during some training workshops and it takes about 30-40 minutes.

hope that helps.
dodgeek
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Feb 11, 2007
dodgeek wrote:i won't call it decent decent but its cheaper than staying on SZR!

well its actually ok...the china cluster is complete and occupied. but the quality of the plumbing is pretty bad.. i've got quite a number of leakages from ceiling to kitchen to washing machine pipe. getting it fixed tomorrow and will update you :)

at times when the wind blows towards the area u get a nice aroma from the adjacent sewage treatment plant (my ultimate reason to just rent for a year and not actually buying that place)

but with regards to traffic, i would have to say its one of the better places to be. when going to work, it takes me 20 minutes to get from int. city to city tower 2. when wife has to go to work it takes 20 minutes for her to get to the airport.... and this is during peak hours.

when coming back, there is a bit of traffic on Ras Al Khor (Hatta, Oman) road to the heavy industrial zone....so coming back takes about 40 minutes.

with regards to Deira, its not too bad....i was driving to and fro Sheraton Deira last week during some training workshops and it takes about 30-40 minutes.

hope that helps.

Dude....so you're in Int City? Maybe this is a good place for me to look for an apartment since our offices are not too far away, right?
beaujarle
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Feb 12, 2007
yeah i guess it would be a good place. i think by the time u get here there is gonna be quite a number of new places opening up. Currently 1 beds are going for 50k and studio at about 40k. Hopefully with the new clusters opening up you can get a cheaper place.

they usually require u to pay up front half the year's rent which amounts to about 30k (+ commission) and 3k deposit

oh.....my plumbing has just been fixed...pretty efficient i must say...i'll have to see if there are any further leakages
dodgeek
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Feb 12, 2007
dodgeek wrote:yeah i guess it would be a good place. i think by the time u get here there is gonna be quite a number of new places opening up. Currently 1 beds are going for 50k and studio at about 40k. Hopefully with the new clusters opening up you can get a cheaper place.

they usually require u to pay up front half the year's rent which amounts to about 30k (+ commission) and 3k deposit

oh.....my plumbing has just been fixed...pretty efficient i must say...i'll have to see if there are any further leakages

Dude...can you look out for me a 2 bedroom apartment? Appreciate it.
beaujarle
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Feb 12, 2007
dodgeek wrote:oh.....my plumbing has just been fixed...pretty efficient i must say...i'll have to see if there are any further leakages

Hope they'll maintain the same service standard once I get a place there...if I manage to. :lol:
beaujarle
Dubai Forums Frequenter

posting in Accommodation in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Accommodation in Dubai