World Refugee Day - June 20

Topic locked
World Refugee Day - June 20 Jun 21, 2006
Yesterday was World refugee day.

check this out:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/shared/spl/hi/p ... html/1.stm

What do you think will the fate of Palestinian refugees be. Naturalization in the countries they are in ? Get the right of return ? Compensation ?

Is it right that in Lebanon a Palestinian refugee cannot even work in the country he/she lives in. However in other countries Palestinian refugees have held positions in goverments ?

Lets hear your thoughts on this issue.

MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 21, 2006
Those pictures hardly represent the situation of the Palestinian refugees. If there was no caption to the pictures, you could guess that they were photos from just about anywhere in the world. And picutre 5 is not from Deheisha....no way......maybe its from near the camp but it isn't from inside.

Did anyone go to the march yesterday in support of the refugees or to the concert at night to raise money for them?
Oh I forgot...THERE WASN'T ONE!!!!!

I guess the Palestinians can once again thank their 'bretheren' for the support.
mraph33
Dubai Expat Helper

Re: World Refugee Day - June 20 Jun 21, 2006
EDITED ONCE AGAIN

Sniper I have warned you many times about flaming people. Continue and see your posts edited or summarly deleted.

Regards,

Liban
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 21, 2006
just to clarify mrpah... i think what you mean is the situation is much worse than those pictures .. right ? As for the deheishah camp, ya that picture does have way more empty space than the camp has right ?
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 21, 2006
much worse!! Those pictures look like Burj Al Arab compared to Deheishah
mraph33
Dubai Expat Helper

Jun 21, 2006
true ..

mraph as for the support from the brethern, i think Palestinians lost hope on support from the Arabs a loooong time ago. Even financially when they are surrounded by some of the richest goverments in the world they have to go around and beg europe for aid to survive. pathetic.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 21, 2006
I agree with that. I just get irritated by the hypocrisy here - in Dubai and in this forum. Israel/Jew bashing is quite popular, lots of great rhetoric. When it comes to actaully DOING something to help the Palestinians....well that's when everyone has stepped out for a coffee break.
mraph33
Dubai Expat Helper

Jun 21, 2006
For Lebanon its not that clear cut.

Not allowing the Palestinians work in over 70 different professions is wrong but the main reasons (for good or bad) are here:

1) Pressure on Israel (perceived) by making the plight of the Palestinians in the camps so miserable so as to advance the cause of the right of return.

2) Sectarianism (the main reason). The balance is already tipped towards the Muslim population. However, Sunni Muslims and Maronite Christians are the ruling class in Lebanon and their numbers are equal. The Shiites have strength outside the polical arena and this is changing for better or for worse. Palestinians are Sunni, to naturalize them would be to destroy the demographic balance and risk inflaming the fanatics within varioius Maronite movements.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums