Life In Dubai

Topic locked
Jun 13, 2006
Richie wrote:
^ian^ wrote:
Richie wrote:Ok well from what I have heard it is a degree and will be recognised out there. Even, so I'm sure it wont be totally that hard to get out there.

Well, that might be true. I've also heard the streets are paved with gold. (That is if the street is paved at all).

Richie wrote:Don't offend me in thinking I wish to drink. I do not drink and can't stand alcohol the poison that it is!!! May I ask are you Arabian?, it would be reasonable to suggest an Arab would expect a westerner to drink!!?

Let me get one thing straight - why do you wish to come to Dubai?

You may ask if I am Arabian, and I will tell you that you should read back earlier in the thread. Oh, don't worry about the drinking, I hear they shoot you on sight if you even think about having a drink. (If Liban had his way they would).

There's a lot of things you might 'hear' about Dubai. I was in the same position once, and I'm still finding my feet here, after setting my sights on the UAE several months ago. Use this forum to your advantage and trust the advice that people give you.

The reason is becuase I want the change, the culture and way of life interests me. The general way of life. Oh living in a city where you can enjoy peace from the violence/crap like out here. No drunks about all the time hehe!! I do know how old you have to be to drink. Why is it legal in a muslim sate anyway? I know someone who lives on the Arabian ranches who moved out some years ago with his wife and kids and is very happy. I haven't spoken to his mother yet. She lives here, but I have arranged to talk to her about what he did

Considering Arabian Ranches was only opened for occupancy at the begining of 2005, your friend is exagerating when stating "some years ago"

sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jun 13, 2006
Maybe I could buy property out there and stay in Dubai during my holidays if all goes plop but hey Ia m still young. I wont rush. That would be possible right?

If not I would move to India or Australia. The UAE and India grab me more though! What about moving to another city/town in the UAE like Al Ain is that going to be like Dubai?
Richie
Dubai Forums Member

Jun 13, 2006
If you have enough money to purchase a property, then you will be welcomed by many developers.

The UAE has many great places to visit, however, in my opinion, only one great place to live - DUBAI
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jun 13, 2006
Richie wrote:Well wouldn't you say it is like central London....to get a well paid job you need good experience or a degree, etc. The life isn't as rosey as made out, but people still do it.

Its not the same at all!!! :shock:

Here you need to have the right combination of:

1) Nationality (you are fine on this one)
2) Race (not sure of your race but guessing you are white so you will be fine here too)
3) Degree - Accredited university (you do not have this)
4) Experience - See above
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 13, 2006
sage & onion wrote:
Richie wrote:
^ian^ wrote:
Richie wrote:Ok well from what I have heard it is a degree and will be recognised out there. Even, so I'm sure it wont be totally that hard to get out there.

Well, that might be true. I've also heard the streets are paved with gold. (That is if the street is paved at all).

Richie wrote:Don't offend me in thinking I wish to drink. I do not drink and can't stand alcohol the poison that it is!!! May I ask are you Arabian?, it would be reasonable to suggest an Arab would expect a westerner to drink!!?

Let me get one thing straight - why do you wish to come to Dubai?

You may ask if I am Arabian, and I will tell you that you should read back earlier in the thread. Oh, don't worry about the drinking, I hear they shoot you on sight if you even think about having a drink. (If Liban had his way they would).

There's a lot of things you might 'hear' about Dubai. I was in the same position once, and I'm still finding my feet here, after setting my sights on the UAE several months ago. Use this forum to your advantage and trust the advice that people give you.

The reason is becuase I want the change, the culture and way of life interests me. The general way of life. Oh living in a city where you can enjoy peace from the violence/crap like out here. No drunks about all the time hehe!! I do know how old you have to be to drink. Why is it legal in a muslim sate anyway? I know someone who lives on the Arabian ranches who moved out some years ago with his wife and kids and is very happy. I haven't spoken to his mother yet. She lives here, but I have arranged to talk to her about what he did

Considering Arabian Ranches was only opened for occupancy at the begining of 2005, your friend is exagerating when stating "some years ago"

No they lived in another area before hand
Richie
Dubai Forums Member

Jun 13, 2006
sage & onion wrote:If you have enough money to purchase a property, then you will be welcomed by many developers.

The UAE has many great places to visit, however, in my opinion, only one great place to live - DUBAI

I would still be happy to live in the UAE. So any other city? is it similar to Dubai or easier, etc? My colleague at my current jobs' ''to be husband'' Dad lives in Oman working with the oil. So she is going in April to be introduced...so It happens a lot. People moving to the ME that is!

I have a few arrogant mates who say I can't drink etc out there like. LOL well if they knew me then they would know I couldn't give a tiny rats a***! I
Richie
Dubai Forums Member

Jun 13, 2006
Richie wrote:
sage & onion wrote:If you have enough money to purchase a property, then you will be welcomed by many developers.

I would still be happy to live in the UAE. So any other city? is it similar to Dubai or easier, etc? My colleague at my current jobs' ''to be husband'' Dad lives in Oman working with the oil. So she is going in April to be introduced...so It happens a lot. People moving to the ME that is!

I have a few arrogant mates who say I can't drink etc out there like. LOL well if they knew me then they would know I couldn't give a tiny rats a***! I

Most of your so called mates, are probably jealous of you, if you have enough money to talk about purchasing a property. Best you can do is come to Dubai for a visit, 10days package tour must be available, and make up your own m
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jun 17, 2006
About the girls and the camels:
I've been wondering in the malls quite a couple of times... and some girls are hot hot hoooottttt :shock:

But indeed, the major girls here aren't... :?
Defo
Dubai Forums Talker

Jun 18, 2006
i would like to think that he is Indian....he did mention that he either wants to go to the UAE or India.
dodgeek
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jun 19, 2006
Richie wrote:The management course will be the equivilant to a degree...worldwide which does cover Dubai! You lot are making it sound bad....most likely a lot worse than it actually is!

I work in this profession and agree with sage - in short, management course is not recognizable as a degree equivalent.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 19, 2006
DaveDXB wrote:mmmmmm I was referring all this from a teenagers point of view (no offense)

Asa young energetic man with enthusiasm etc...we need to explore the world...and expeirence all whats out there....

so Dubai has limited experiences u can say....u can cover all dubai experiences in a week! lol

Its of to the USA babe!

Talikng about fat ladies...im currently in the offic enow looks at one of my collegue employees whos a young lady....and im just starting to notice her asz getting a bit bigger (chubbier)

You don't want fat ladies and where are you headed for? The good ol' USofA - home of the highest obiesity rates in the world. Good luck, fatboy.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 19, 2006
Liban wrote:As far as I know, most DF members that I have met do drink and they are all alive... If Liban has his way... :lol: :lol:

Yes, last time I checked I've still got a pulse - marbles still questionable.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum