Suicide...Murder In Sharjah

Topic locked
Suicide...Murder in sharjah Sep 28, 2005
Recently there has been a ghastly incident at the sharjah Industrial area.
A man slit the throats of his children, wife and finally himself.
His last call was to his father abroad saying " I think me and my family will be leaving, my mission is complete"

The man was quite religious but had psychological problems.
According to a research. 90% of Psychos come from overprotective and extremely religious families.

In your opinion, why do think the man did this?
He was no psychologically well but what "mission".
Parents, everyone is in full shock.

bsorc
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 28, 2005
Coming from a culture where this kind of thing hardly ever happens, would have to say that the best therapy for a "bad day at the office", is to unwind with a couple of cold ones and maybe, just maybe if it's been a really bad one you kick the cat. Maybe just my perception but this kind of stuff seems to happen much more regularly in places where religion is a big thing. Middle East, Trailertown USA etc. Draw your own conclusions.

Sure this is not going to be a popular view on this particular forum, but hey, there's 4 kids that might still be alive if Daddy had stopped off at the bar on the way home and chilled out with his buddies for a couple of hours. Or not. We'll never know.
Mr. Logic
Dubai Forum Visitor

Sep 28, 2005
Has the police look into the possibility that they could have been murdered by an outsider..if the father really wanted to kill his family he could have poinsoned them all and taken poison himself.
dill
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Oct 01, 2005
No. He killed all his family and then hung himself.

It's a tragic incident, one which we may never know the answer to. But I can't get my head round the fact that someone could have problems so bad that they'd murder their entire family, it's a selfish act. You know deal with your own stuff, but to so needlessly take away 5 other lives is unforgiveable.

For someone to commit such an act, they're definately not right in the head.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Oct 23, 2005
i think he is crazy or somthing ...
naruto
Dubai Expat Helper

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat