Sports & Socializing

Topic locked
Sports & socializing May 19, 2012
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if people here on the forum are interested in getting some good Sports games going, something like Volleyball, Football, Baseball or so. The sports scenery seems a bit low here.
Wouldn't that add to a better social life for all of us?
What say? If you're interested in anything, let me know please. I am thinking of getting something going in this field.

Many thanks and a beautiful Saturday to all of you out there! :wink:

Mostlysunny
Dubai Forum User

Re: Sports & Socializing May 19, 2012
Take a look at Duplays - they have leagues for various sports and you just sign up.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Sports & Socializing May 19, 2012
Chocoholic ,

Thanks a lot Chocoholic! I'll check them out :bounce:
Mostlysunny
Dubai Forum User

Re: Sports & Socializing May 20, 2012
Great Game yesterday, me and my daughters watched it.

Tara Hamdi
tarahamdi
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Sports & Socializing May 20, 2012
tarahamdi ,

what game? football? :) I am not much of a spectator, more a runner on any pitch myself... :bounce:
Mostlysunny
Dubai Forum User

Re: Sports & Socializing May 21, 2012
Mostlysunny ,

hAve you tried "I FLY" in Mirdif CityCenter?? You'd be anxious at first... but I think once you've tried it - you'll want more :D
littleblackdress
Dubai Forum Visitor

littleblackdress ,

I FLY? Never heard of it... hmm sounds like I need a helmet and full protection. Okay, check it out, many thanks for the hint!! :)
Mostlysunny
Dubai Forum User

Mostlysunny ,

yep, you do need full gear but they'll provide it... it's exhilirating & exciting! although, it really depends what type of sports you are inclined at.. but it never hurts to try... you'd still be in one piece after the flight ;)

--- May 21, 2012 ---

littleblackdress wrote:Mostlysunny ,

yep, you do need full gear but they'll provide it... it's exhilirating & exciting! although, it really depends what type of sports you are inclined at.. but it never hurts to try... you'd still be in one piece after the flight

another that you might wanna try - Jetskiing... there's quite A LOT of jetski enthusiast that you see on any day of the week in Mamzar park area... but the rental shops are actually in Sharjah... i forgot the exact location but it's just right across Mamzar ;)
littleblackdress
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: Sports & Socializing May 23, 2012
littleblackdress ,

:) I checked it out - it looks fun, I will try in full gear! Really appreciate your tips on this as I am fully into it.

Okay, Jet skiing... hmm, have seen it many times but never tried it due to environmental impact - but a swim

in the gulf is totally good with me as long as the temp of the sea is below 30 degrees (don't wanna shrink) :bounce:
Mostlysunny
Dubai Forum User

posting in Dubai Sports ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Sports Forum