Death Threats For Singer Of Burqa Song

Topic locked
Death threats for singer of burqa song Jan 29, 2012
Holland finally has a burqa ban it seems. I donot know whether tis song is a coincidence or not. Anywho, the usual of course, death threats.
In the meantime, the Dutch Muslim Party advocated a ban on dogs, you would think they more important things to focus on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oukebShcq4k

It's not the best clip I have seen, but why threaten with death right?

http://www.rnw.nl/english/article/death-threats-singer-burqa-song

Mr Vlemmix said he had expected some commotion over his song: "I'm not exactly dumb." But he had failed to anticipate the virulence of the reactions: "I really meant it as a joke. Because the burqa is banned in the Netherlands I thought it was fun to offer a carnival alternative for it: the burqa shirt."

Carnival, a colourful, musical and noisy feast celebrated annually in the southern half of the Netherlands, is often used to mock authorities and make fun of social issues by people dressed up or disguised in humorous creations.

It's not the first time that a carnival song by Johan Vlemmix caused a stir. Four years ago people from Poland reacted angrily to his song A busload of Poles, about Polish plumbers flooding the Dutch labour market. But, Mr Vlemmix said, "that was caused by an incorrect translation". Another song of his, about the deadly bird flu virus, also failed to find universal approval. But none of his earlier songs ever led to death threats.

Islam
Only once did such threats lead to an actual murder. Film director and columnist Theo van Gogh was killed in 2004 by a Dutch Muslim extremist, who was later arrested and jailed. Van Gogh had made a movie entitled Submission together with Somali-born MP Ayaan Hirsi Ali, which was highly critical of the oppression of women in the Islamic world.

Another Islam-criticising film, Fitna by populist MP Geert Wilders caused violent protests in Islamic countries. Mr Wilders, whose party provides key support to the governing rightwing minority coalition, is under permanent police protection.

Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Death Threats For Singer Of Burqa Song Feb 01, 2012
It reminded me of the thousands (probably millions) of British taxpayers money spent on protecting Salman Rushdie after the Satanic Verses was published. Not a good way to spend Shafiques taxes that he tells us he pays. LOL
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Probably it is because the feel insulted, but still it is not justification for threats. Just ignore them, there are more important issues.
Nucleus
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nucleus wrote: Just ignore them

I think we past that stage! Death threats by Muslims are taken very seriously, and for a reason.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Flying Dutchman wrote:I think we past that stage! Death threats by Muslims are taken very seriously, and for a reason.
I meant muslims should ignore these kind of stuff thrown at them.
Nucleus
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nucleus ,

What stuff? It's the Muslims issuing the threats in this topic.

It's a while since I've heard an infidel threatening anyone with death over a song :roll:
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Nucleus wrote:I meant muslims should ignore these kind of stuff thrown at them.

Somehow they can't though.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk