Getting A Passport/visa Photo Taken... Where?

Topic locked
getting a passport/visa photo taken... where? Feb 29, 2008
Hello,

I need to get a passport/visa photo taken. My employer says I need 20 copies and they cannot be just printed from a home printer.

Where is a good place to get these done cheaply? Anything at Mall of the Emirates? I'm coming from Marina.

Thanks!
-Erik

evoorhees
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: getting a passport/visa photo taken... where? Mar 01, 2008
evoorhees wrote:Hello,

I need to get a passport/visa photo taken. My employer says I need 20 copies and they cannot be just printed from a home printer.

Where is a good place to get these done cheaply? Anything at Mall of the Emirates? I'm coming from Marina.

Thanks!
-Erik

Any photographic studio in MoE.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: getting a passport/visa photo taken... where? Mar 01, 2008
evoorhees wrote:I'm coming from Marina.

If there isn't a photo shop there, Ibn Battuta is closer and Salik-free from there.
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Mar 03, 2008
I usually get my passport-sized photos taken at "Grand Stores" in Mall of the Emirates. Its located near the escalators near to the left side of Carrefour (hope that makes sense!)

RossBaku
rossbaku
Dubai Forums Talker

Mar 03, 2008
I usually get my passport-sized photos taken at "Grand Stores" in Mall of the Emirates. Its located near the escalators near to the left side of Carrefour (hope that makes sense!).

They will take the photo and edit it, and provide you with as many copies as you want. I think it's only about 20AED to get 10 done, so 40AED for 20.

RossBaku

(to mods - please delete my duplicated post above. cheers).
rossbaku
Dubai Forums Talker

Mar 05, 2008
I usually do it myself:

1. Take a picture with white background
2. Upload it to www.epassportphoto.com , select the country and generate passport photo sheet
3. Print a standard 4 * 6 photo in any photo studio which give atleast 6 passport photos. The standard photo size (4 * 6 or something else) depends on passport photo dimensions
4. Cut the photographs to size

Since I was living in US earlier, it worked out to be a hell of a lot cheaper, just 8 - 10 cents for 6 passport photos compared to 8$ for just 2 photos in passport photo centers!! Before coming to Dubai, I printed a whole bunch of US passport size photos and they still cost me only few cents. And UAE government seems to be ok with any size passport size photo (since they dont have a standard size!)
thekinge
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum