SZR Radars

Topic locked
SZR Radars Mar 17, 2009
Hey all.. Does anyone know for sure the grace* speed limit for Radar on SZR until AD? I tried to look up on this forum but didnt really find the ans. thanks in advance

sherry
Dubai Forum Guest

Mar 17, 2009
I only know from the part where it's marked as 120 (Marina until the border) but the fixed cameras are 140 and the mobile ones are somewhere between 130 and 140.

130 until the border and you'll be fine.
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

Mar 17, 2009
Captain Australia wrote:I only know from the part where it's marked as 120 (Marina until the border) but the fixed cameras are 140 and the mobile ones are somewhere between 130 and 140.

130 until the border and you'll be fine.

thanks..
would u also how long does it take for fines to show up? :roll:
sherry
Dubai Forum Guest

Mar 17, 2009
Not sure sorry.
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

Mar 17, 2009
The radars flash at 121+ till the end of Dubai Marina.
When you see the first sign saying the speed limit is 120, they flash at 139+
BlackburnRovers
Dubai Expat Helper

Mar 17, 2009
BlackburnRovers wrote:The radars flash at 121+ till the end of Dubai Marina.

except the mobile ones remember
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

Mar 17, 2009
BlackburnRovers wrote:The radars flash at 121+ till the end of Dubai Marina.

phew! thats quite a relief! .. driving at this speed takes forevr to reach AD. For dubai - AD highway, these new radars are so irrational geezz
sherry
Dubai Forum Guest

Mar 19, 2009
Would it really impair you from driving properly if you drive at 115-120 all the way. Man I am really sick of seeing this is all Dubai based forums. Not a day goes by when someone inquires about the speed limit of SZR or Emirates highway.

I ask you will the world implode if you dont drive 1km less than the given speed limit on a paticular stretch ( FYI car odo's are not 100% accurate in displaying actual speed, check with a GPS if you don't believe me. And further more if you have changed the tyres of your vehicles from OME size that will throw your speedo even more )

Honestly how much faster do you think you will reach someplace if your travelling 20kms faster ?! No mercy for being caught overspeeding. Don't do the crime if you can't pay the fine :wink: Oh and excuses like it was 140 yesterday, I didn't see the camera or wasn't paying attention don't cut it.
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Mar 19, 2009
desertdudeshj wrote:Would it really impair you from driving properly if you drive at 115-120 all the way. Man I am really sick of seeing this is all Dubai based forums. Not a day goes by when someone inquires about the speed limit of SZR or Emirates highway.

I ask you will the world implode if you dont drive 1km less than the given speed limit on a paticular stretch ( FYI car odo's are not 100% accurate in displaying actual speed, check with a GPS if you don't believe me. And further more if you have changed the tyres of your vehicles from OME size that will throw your speedo even more )

Honestly how much faster do you think you will reach someplace if your travelling 20kms faster ?! No mercy for being caught overspeeding. Don't do the crime if you can't pay the fine :wink: Oh and excuses like it was 140 yesterday, I didn't see the camera or wasn't paying attention don't cut it.

You drive a Sunny don't you?
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

Mar 19, 2009
Speed limits are there for a reason and must be respected. Beleive it or not a lot goes into setting up speed limit when a road is designed. I don't know about Australia but in the US there is an unspoken rule, a cop will not stop you for going less than 10 mph over the speed limit. Although there have been cases of getting tickets for going 1 mph over the limit. There is no tolerance within the school zones. The speed limit and the implementation of it and especially the point system is a joke here in Dubai. It totally defeats the purpose.
K-Dog
Dubai Expat Helper

Mar 19, 2009
great k-dog....

1 mp/h = 1.609 km/h

8)
sharfraz
Dubai chat master

Mar 19, 2009
desertdudeshj wrote:FYI car odo's are not 100% accurate in displaying actual speed, check with a GPS if you don't believe me. And further more if you have changed the tyres of your vehicles from OME size that will throw your speedo even more.

You are absolutely right. Speedo, if it's work properly, ALWAYS shows higher speed than real one. Higher spead means more descrepancy...

Of cause if you use inappropriate size of your tyres... you can reach opposite effect.
8) 8) 8)
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Mar 19, 2009
Captain Australia wrote:
desertdudeshj wrote:Would it really impair you from driving properly if you drive at 115-120 all the way. Man I am really sick of seeing this is all Dubai based forums. Not a day goes by when someone inquires about the speed limit of SZR or Emirates highway.

You drive a Sunny don't you?

Haha..you wish matey.

I rather die than be caught driving in tin can like a sunny/corolla/lancer. I'm totally a 4x4 kinda dude.
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat