Troika Restaurant In Dubai, A Bill Scam!!!

Topic locked
Troika Restaurant in Dubai, a bill scam!!! Jan 18, 2009
Some friends and I went to have dinner there. When the waiter brought the bill to us we were shocked; It was 13,125 AED!!! We were 25 people and 5 of them didn't drink alcohol. The food was 4,125 AED, (this was right), the rest 9000 only drinks!!! They added to the bill drinks we didn't have, including a bottle of champagne that none of us drank!!!! We try to clarify this with the manager but he didn't want to do something about it and kept saying that the bill was right. The security staff was overbearing and started to be rude. So we couldn't do more than pay and leave. And now I want to share my experience, maybe someone knows if there is something we still can do or at least to warn others about this place.

Lord
Dubai Forum Guest

Jan 18, 2009
You should have requested for separate bills, one for each person
TheChoosen
Dubai Expat Helper

Jan 20, 2009
We have gone to other restaurants and ask for one bill, sometimes our group has been bigger and we didn't have this issue.
It was not that they messed up or got confused because it was only one bill. They deliberated add up drinks we didn't have!
The job of the people at the restaurant is give a service and charge for it fairly. We expected this wouldl be the case and we went there to have dinner and get fun. It just that this restaurant lacks of ethic.
If they behave like this with things that are obvious for the customer, I don't want to think about the kitchen...
Lord
Dubai Forum Guest

Jan 20, 2009
Maybe the mentonied "fun" made it so costly??? LOL
TheChoosen
Dubai Expat Helper

posting in Dubai Black listForum Rules

Return to Dubai Black list